Jump to content

Photo

Wicker / Rattan Chargers- Has anyone seen good deals?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 amyh

amyh

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

    Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jak27
    One more suggestion, have you tried Garden Ridge? I bought about 100 chargers there once and they were just fine, did the job.

    Just a thought? They might be out now that the summer season is over, but they might have them marked down, as well.

    Good luck!
    never heard of it, but its worth a shot!

    #12 Jenn

    Jenn
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,557 posts

      Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

      I know you're looking for round, but I found rectangular placemats for $2 each on this site - maybe they would do a discount for a large order? They have a lot of nice options... the inexpensive one is the Pandan Placemat.

      Click the image to open in full size.

      Click the image to open in full size.

      Hope that helps!

      #13 amyh

      amyh

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

        Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hopels
        I know you're looking for round, but I found rectangular placemats for $2 each on this site - maybe they would do a discount for a large order? They have a lot of nice options... the inexpensive one is the Pandan Placemat.

        Click the image to open in full size.

        Click the image to open in full size.

        Hope that helps!
        Thanks, but I’m looking for the round ones. I don’t think I can fit 10 on a round table. I was thinking of getting the Ikea ones and some how staining them, but again, I don’t think I can fit 10. I do keep checking Ikea out hoping that they get round ones in.

        #14 boscobel

        boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

          Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

          Well, these are about the same price, but it's a free-trade store, and they have awesome stuff. $3.75/plate Handmade Charger Plate from Philippines || Fair Trade Handicrafts from Ten Thousand Villages

          I would also check www.thehungersite.com. They don't have anything like that now, but it seems like something they would carry. They are also free-trade.

          #15 Spazz

          Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

            Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

            You should try Pier 1. I saw this online: SeenON! Style - Pier 1 Imports Round Rattan Placemat

            But when I went to the website, it said they no longer offer online shopping. Try calling them to see what they charge.

            #16 JessicaM

            JessicaM
            • Vendor
            • 1,969 posts

              Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

              Do you have a World Market near you? They sometimes have really cool stuff to dress up table settings.
               

               


              #17 NABUMBAH

              NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

                Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:42 PM

                yikes!! First of all, you're expecting 175 people

                secondly, have you considered how difficult it's going to be to transport them?

                I mean, don't get me wrong. it's a fabulous look, but if you have to buy 175 even at $2 each + dragging them down there... whoa.
                that's a lot of work!!

                I am sorry, I don't have any referrals for where to find them :/

                #18 amyh

                amyh

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

                  Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                  Well, these are about the same price, but it's a free-trade store, and they have awesome stuff. $3.75/plate
                  Do you have a World Market near you? They sometimes have really cool stuff to dress up table settings.
                  We do, I've never been in one, but I'll stop by.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
                  yikes!! First of all, you're expecting 175 people

                  secondly, have you considered how difficult it's going to be to transport them?

                  I mean, don't get me wrong. it's a fabulous look, but if you have to buy 175 even at $2 each + dragging them down there... whoa.
                  that's a lot of work!!

                  I am sorry, I don't have any referrals for where to find them :/
                  Our preliminary RSVP response is about 180, so I do expect between 150-125.

                  I have family who travel often to Mexico (some drive) so we plan so send some stuff with them. They are about a 4 hour drive away from PV most will make the drive.

                  If I find a great deal, then I'll purchase them, if not, I'll beed to think of something else.

                  I've even thought of contact some WC's in PV to see if they'd want to buy them from me after the wedding.

                  #19 amyh

                  amyh

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

                    Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lizz
                    You should try Pier 1. I saw this online: SeenON! Style - Pier 1 Imports Round Rattan Placemat

                    But when I went to the website, it said they no longer offer online shopping. Try calling them to see what they charge.
                    I did see them there, but they are too expensive (about $11 each I think)

                    #20 NABUMBAH

                    NABUMBAH
                    • VIP Member
                    • 931 posts

                      Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:18 AM

                      Wow, your wedding is going to be bigger than mine!!!
                      Good luck!

                      I will say that if your wedding is anything like ours was, people won't even notice the table decor. they will be far too busy drinking, dancing and socializing. So I wouldn't drive yourself crazy trying to find them.

                      Nonetheless, I love your ideas. your wedding is going to be fab!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users