47 replies to this topic

#41 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christa
    Hey Christine - great ideas, but hard to implement when there is a recruiter in the middle.

ANYWAY - I got a call yesterday at 6 pm offering me the job! WOO HOO! The salary is exactly where I need to be, the location is awesome, and the growth potential is huge!! I start Nov 5.
    Congrats, Christa That is so exciting!!! You're going to do great!

#42 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
    • Banned
    • 381 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

You ladies seem to have TONS of great advice. I could use some.... My background is in childcare. (Early Childhood Ed degree, professional Nanny, Center Director for local center) But 5 years of my experience (for a child care company) was account mgmt - managing 3+ million in child care federal and state funds for our centers in Indiana. When I left there (due to husband's death) I took a job as a receptionist/HR Admin Asst to "get my foot in the door" at a different place. Well, they are going under and I was laid off after just 6 months. I am now on the hunt. I am having difficulty figuring out a good match. I do NOT want to go back to child care. The part I liked best there was the acct mgmt. However, with my Assoc degree in a childcare field and my resume showing only "childcare" and receptionist type stuff.... I am at a loss. I have tried to make it apparant that I have more than "taking care of kids" as my abilities. I understand that I am not going to get some job making 100K, but how do I find a good match that pays me enough to make ends meet?? I am looking for around 35K (what I was making at the child care company).... Any great help??

#43 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

Christa that is awesome, congrats!!! Glad you waited it out and didn't take that job with all the testing.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#44 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BrandiB01
        You ladies seem to have TONS of great advice. I could use some.... My background is in childcare. (Early Childhood Ed degree, professional Nanny, Center Director for local center) But 5 years of my experience (for a child care company) was account mgmt - managing 3+ million in child care federal and state funds for our centers in Indiana. When I left there (due to husband's death) I took a job as a receptionist/HR Admin Asst to "get my foot in the door" at a different place. Well, they are going under and I was laid off after just 6 months. I am now on the hunt. I am having difficulty figuring out a good match. I do NOT want to go back to child care. The part I liked best there was the acct mgmt. However, with my Assoc degree in a childcare field and my resume showing only "childcare" and receptionist type stuff.... I am at a loss. I have tried to make it apparant that I have more than "taking care of kids" as my abilities. I understand that I am not going to get some job making 100K, but how do I find a good match that pays me enough to make ends meet?? I am looking for around 35K (what I was making at the child care company).... Any great help??

I also work in the education industry - for a child care company. Have you thought about working as a part of the Administrative staff for a child care company?? I do the company's marketing, but other departments we have are Enrollment, Curriculum, HR, Finance, Accounting and Development. Maybe you could check for positions at child care corporate offices?? Your child care background would be an additional selling point for you!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#45 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:38 PM

CONGRATS CHRISTA!!!
          Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#46 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Christa
            Hey Christine - great ideas, but hard to implement when there is a recruiter in the middle.

ANYWAY - I got a call yesterday at 6 pm offering me the job! WOO HOO! The salary is exactly where I need to be, the location is awesome, and the growth potential is huge!! I start Nov 5.
            Whoo hooo!! Let me know if you want to go out for a congrats drink during your first week. I'll let you know about my training schedule as soon as I find out.

#47 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm excited & nervous & all that good new job stuff.

Kate - yeppers! We will meet up during your training week. Sounds good :)

#48 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:36 PM

Congrats Christa!!! I have to buckle down now that the wedding is over and start the search, ugh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users