Job Hunting Sucks

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

So, here I am in Washington...looking for a job. I've had one major interview process that has netted zero results. I've met with a recruiter who has a few interviews scheduled later this week for me. I also have an interview with a consulting firm tomorrow. Progress is good, but the thing that bugs me is that I'm worried that I'm going to choose the wrong job. I did that about 2 years ago, and it almost killed me. The wrong job just really f's me up mentally in a bad way. That last experience was so rough, especially because I thought I'd done my due diligence, and it turned out to be a complete farce of a job - they lied about a lot of things. So, I guess ultimately I am gun shy. I will just have to do the best I can & be willing to walk away from the next one if it's not right for me. Am I sounding sane??

#2 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

That's understandable Christa especially since youve been F****d in the past.

Funny how you post this because I was just about to write a thread pretty similar. I had this amazing job lead as a personal banker aproving mortagages and stuff which is differnt than my usual work. Anyway I was pumped all week long to hear from the branch manager who stated earlier n the week "he would hire me in a second". Guess not cuz I just got an email from his boss the regional manager who said my resume had only accounting experience thus no finance experience.

I'm totally bummed. We can be bummed together if you want Christa :P

I HATE job hunting.

#3 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
    • 812 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

You sound COMPLETELY sane, but that may just be because I am in exactly the same position! Definitely don't stress being too picky - finding the right job takes time and patience. I hope your interviews go well!

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

Thanks girls! Glad I posted - we can be in this together. I just need to remember that I can be picky & wait for the right one. I am able to make a bit of money working remotely for my last employer, so that's good. Honestly, being home is getting a little lame. Social life sucks. Blah!

I've reverted to "poor" mode. I was extremely excited that the dinner I cooked last night that everybody loved cost less than $8 total! Ahahaha!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

Christa - what happened to that one that just wouldn't budge on the $$ - but otherwise seemed super excited about you, and you said it seemed like a good job? i am guessing this is the one that didn't work out. that really sucks.

#6 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:46 PM

Christa can I join the job hunting sucks boat? I hate looking for jobs....Still subbing though..
            Erik started his new job today and likes it, that's good :)

Hmmmm, maybe my sister can help you, would you be interested in working at the corporate office of Costco...it's located in Issaquiah (sp?)

#7 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:21 AM

job hunting DOES suck BIG TIME. No fun at all. I hope you find a good one; go with your gut, hopefully it knows what's right

what did you make for dinner for less than 8 bucks?! i want the recipe!

#8 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:42 AM

I HATE job hunting too. I know I should start looking for a new one if I want to advance in my career, but the whole interview process and finding the perfect fit job is keeping me from feeling motivated. Good luck and hope you find what you like soon...

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

isn't it the worst... I have to weigh my options before changing, I usually stay at a job so long that I am scared to leave.... good luck!

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

Christa, I keep telling myself to start looking for a new job because I die of bordom on most days.. But I haven't done it yet because, like you, I hate looking for new jobs. Hang in there, the right one for you will come along..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users