Sign in to follow this  
anad1027

Renaissance Aruba - Okeanos Spa Reviews?

Hi Ladies!

I am planning my wedding at the Renaissance Aruba for May 2012.  I am looking for advice with regard to hair and makeup.  I know a lot of people recommend Jennive, and I have contacted her, but she seems not to be great about responding which makes me nervous.  I really need to know how many people she works with, as there will be about 9 or 10 of us getting hair/makeup done the day of my wedding, and I do not think 1 or even 2 people can handle that. 

Juney (the Renaissance Wedding Coordinator) suggested the Okeanos Spa, which is on site at the hotel.  I may be interested in working with them, but have only seen a very small handful of reviews on them.  Has anyone used their services that can recommend/not recommend them??  Pictures would be especially helpful!

Thanks!

Dana

I don't have first hand knowledge of the resort/people you are speaking of, but I can say that there is definitely a difference between "island time" and the rest of the world.  I remember freaking out about the lack of responses that I was getting pre-wedding, but once we were there, we were first priority and everything was perfect.  So if you have heard good things, I would trust and go with it b/c the response time is much better closer to the wedding date.  (Hard to swallow for a type a planner like me!)

I can't comment on hair/makeup but we had a couples massage there and I was not impressed. However, it is super convenient if you are staying there. 

I've also experienced "island time" and it is so frustrating!