489 replies to this topic

#81 Furturemrsg

Furturemrsg
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by n2godsheart 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Furturemrsg 

We are having our wedding 2:00 on the beach!  I am doing the cheapest package I think.  We put the deposit down but need to get more details about what is included before we decide which package.  We decided not to have a reception dinner there.  It is $40 or so a person.  To me, I think that is to much for an all exclusive place.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we were not having a large reception back home.  The travel agent said we could still have dinner together it won't be private.  I am getting nervous because we have almost 30 people saying they are coming but nobody has booked! lol

Haha no one has booked yet with us either but guests don't feel the urgency I don't think!! I agree --- for an all inclusive , we aren't going to do the private reception either, it's soo much $$$ considering we all just want to go eat and party after anyways. I just hate I'll be missing a few traditional things like our first dance etc- my only concern of Not having a reception ... but I'm still excited and can't wait, Jamaica is beautiful! One more question, did u wire money to their Miami bank?

I did not have to wire anything. Our travel agent is taking care of getting the down payment to them.  I am sure you could request a song to be played at the Infiniti Bar that night!  :)

#82 CgUK

CgUK
    • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by kellybello 

Christine... saw your request. I as well am working with a travel agent. She has done EVERYTHING for us and personalized everything making it so amazing. Her name is Donna and her phone # 877-5001-7447 and her email is ship.bz2@verizon.net she has planned our wedding and our honeymoon!

Thank you Kelly

I've been put in touch with an American agent atm.

She has been amazing so far and once she starts work I will review her too.

#83 BethPearson

BethPearson
      • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi All,

I am ordering my dress this week and I am getting very excited.  I will be married at GPLH on April 18, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. at the Gazebo.  Reception to follow at the blue lagoon.  I am trying to decide on a cocktail hour after the ceremony - we have children attending and I am worried that people may need a snack before 6 pm dinner - especially if the dinner is running late.  Are they very on time there?  Or is everyone on "Jamaican time"?

#84 canadiangurl

canadiangurl
        • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hey ladies, 

Does anyone know the cost of bringing in an outside vendor the day of the wedding? What about having a guest that is not staying at the resort; obviously we will have to pay for their dinner and spot at the reception but is there an additional cost as well? We have 3 ppl attending our wedding that will not be staying with us on the resort. at this point we are paying $65 each for them already...really hoping it is not more!

#85 Tara1760

Tara1760
          • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I think it's $60 for a day pass

#86 mrserickson0812

mrserickson0812
            • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

This thread has been SO helpful!

I read all 81 posts and didn't see anyone ask this, so I thought I would try:

How far in advance are you sending out STDs and invites? What kind of information are you including in your invites?

#87 Seirra Botsakos

Seirra Botsakos
              • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hello Brides, I stumbled upon this blog and just thought I would make a post. I got married at GP on Sept. 1st and LOVED the resort. I had 40 guest fly in and everyone had a blast! If anyone has any question please feel free to ask and I would love to help! Congrats & Good Luck!!

#88 Seirra Botsakos

Seirra Botsakos
                • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hello Brides, I stumbled upon this blog and just thought I would make a post. I got married at GP on Sept. 1st and LOVED the resort. I had 40 guest fly in and everyone had a blast! If anyone has any question please feel free to ask and I would love to help! Congrats & Good Luck!!

#89 JammingInJA

JammingInJA
                  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

Congrats Seirra! You look stunning. I am getting married Nov 24 at 2 pm and having a private reception at the Poseidon. Who was your co-coordinator? Mine is Nikesha and she has been great so far. How did you find the resort and the beach(es) over all? Thanks!

#90 JammingInJA

JammingInJA
                    • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hi! I have a few guests coming for the day and I was told it is $75 USD for an event pass. That gives them access for the duration of the event.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users