#21 cindy2013

cindy2013
  • 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We aren't giving any formal gifts to anyone, even parents while in Jamaica.  Rather, when we get back from our wedding and have our photos we plan to make them photo books as a gift for them.

I also really love this idea, it's very personal

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#22 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

we're going to do photos for both sets of parents after the wedding and the videographer that I have has 3 dvd's in each package, so they'll get a video too!

#23 katman

katman
    • 170 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Some great ideas here. I think the more "personal" gifts are truly the sweetest...the photos/videos/cards etc....awesome ideas. Parents are sure to love items like this.

If it in the budget, the day trip ideas are really great too! Creating beautiful memories.

#24 Avens

Avens
      • 576 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by cindy2013 

I also really love this idea, it's very personal

We did the same (and a calendar for my mom, she loves personalized calendars), we also made corsages/bouts for our parents (we had real touch flowers).  I also made arrangements with one of my bridesmaids who wasn't able to take her bouquet,and I gave it to my mom so she had a keepsake.

We also sent them all handwritten notes just saying how much we appreciated them. Until this website, I've never really heard of giving parents official gifts!

#25 june92012

june92012
        • 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

You have to keep in mind that they may not be helping financially but if they've helped a lot with preparation I think you should consider giving them a gift. 

#26 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
          • 180 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Through our room block with our TA, assuming that enough guests book through her, we get two upgraded rooms. Instead of purchasing gifts for my mom and my fiances dad (my father isn't in my life, and my fiances mother is terminally ill) we are just going to give them the upgraded rooms as our "thank you." If we don't get enough rooms booked to get two upgrades then we will just upgrade my mom's room. 

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#27 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
            • 261 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

We will be giving gifts to both set of parents even though they did not contribute in the same way. FI's parents are contributing financially, while my parents are contributing emotionally and with the planning. My parents are helping bring together ideas and executing them, while his pay for them. I think I'd get them gifts even if they weren't doing anything for our wedding just because they're our parents. And I love giving gifts! :)

#28 maridr2012

maridr2012
              • 251 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

We are not getting our parents gifts for the wedding.  I've been to several weddings and rehearsal dinners, and there was only 1 time where I saw gifts presented to parents at the rehearsal dinner - and my luck, it was my FI's sister's wedding.  She presented a beautiful cocktail ring to her mom (my FI's mom), as well as a gift to her dad, and the groom's mom (groom's dad passed away years ago).  I was very confused when I saw this and thought, "Oh my God!  Do I have to do that to?!".  But after checking in with all my friends that have been married and blogs, etc. I realized this is not the norm.  So, what we are doing is paying for the mom's makeup for the wedding - which we're also paying for the bridesmaids makeup as part of the gift, the mom's will get a corsage as well (that's normal), the dads will get a small gift only slightly monetarily less than the groomsmen, AND, we'll be getting each of our parents a wedding album coffee book as a part of their X-mas gifts which will be only a little over a month after our wedding (we get married in early November).

#29 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
                • 173 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

We are not giving our parents gifts, but I do think we'll get a photo framed for them when we get back.

#30 principessa

principessa
                  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

I love love love the photobook idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users