Photo

Tropical Weddings Jamaica Brides?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 beachbum21

beachbum21
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi girls! Just wanted to reach out to anyone who has used or is planning to use TWJ for their wedding day festivities? My FI and I are booked for April, we've opted to have the ceremony and reception on a private beach in MoBay. We wanted to do something a little different and really enjoy the day in a more private setting. We'll head back to the resort after our reception for a drink at the bar and to dance the night away at the disco! 

I'm approaching the final planning stages with respect to choosing music, flowers, decorations, etc.. trying not to complicate everything but any words of advice, stories you can share or helpful information would be great! 

We are thinking about having a steel drum band for the ceremony, champagne/cocktail hour and then a dj for the reception portion but aren't sure just yet - did anyone else have a band and/or dj? If so, were they good? Were they able to take requests? 

So far dealing with Almarie has been great, she's been very responsive, has provided me with pics of the location and seems very receptive to my suggestions so far (I asked if she could hang some paper lanterns I'm bringing and she agreed). 

We were also able to negotiate a little which is great! If you check out her fb page she sometimes posts "specials". 

Anyhow, thanks in advance! And happy planning :) 

#2 Leah22

Leah22
    • 150 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hi beachbum!  What's your cost per person for hosting the wedding off-property?  I'm considering a switch to an off property wedding as I watch my wedding costs at the Grand rise.  Thanks!

#3 beachbum21

beachbum21
      • 438 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi Leah,
        It really depends on which package you choose.

I sent you a PM with more details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah22 

Hi beachbum!  What's your cost per person for hosting the wedding off-property?  I'm considering a switch to an off property wedding as I watch my wedding costs at the Grand rise.  Thanks!

#4 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
        • Site Supporter
        • 209 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi Leah,
          It really depends on which package you choose.

I sent you a PM with more details.

Quote:

Hey! Can you PM me the package details too please?! I agree with Leah about the costs rising!

#5 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
          • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hey!  Do any of you ladies know if we would still have to pay for the wedding package with Iberostar if we are having the ceremony off-site and reception on-site?

Thanks!

#6 Laura2013

Laura2013
            • 177 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe 

Hey!  Do any of you ladies know if we would still have to pay for the wedding package with Iberostar if we are having the ceremony off-site and reception on-site?

Thanks!

I originally looked into this and understood it like this: You have to pay for any of the addtinal services you would like and not the set wedding price. When I asked about just doing the reception at the resort they sent me the pricing for all the addional services they offer with weddings (bon fire, DJ, cocktail, renting the Disco, etc). Hope this helps!

#7 MiLasian

MiLasian
              • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hi, I just PM'd you a bunch of questions on TWJ Montego Bay. I plan to book with them for my May wedding and wanted to know how your wedding went?

#8 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
                • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

I have been SO happy with working with TWJ so far.  My wedding is next month and many of the stress regarding communication with the wedding coordinators at the Suites has been eliminated.

#9 MiLasian

MiLasian
                  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi Newbiebridetobe: Congrats! Your big day is coming up soon:)...I am working with Almarie too now..planning for 5/31/13...Are you having a ceremony and reception at the Montego Bay Beach location? Ive been trying to ask Almarie if she could share more photos of the beach and ceremony/reception set-ups. Have you seen this beach or know the name of this beach? Thanks!

#10 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
                    • 74 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

We are getting married at the Aqueducts....not a beach location.  Almarie has some beach set-up photos on the facebook page-have you seen those ones?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users