Photo

Looking for Reggae band suggestions - please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi there!  We would really like to hire a reggae band to play at least an hour at our reception.  However, not everyone in our group is familiar with reggae music so we would prefer a band that could do reggae covers of popular songs.  Any suggestions?

I've already contact Irie Connections manager and am awaiting her response, but I would like to have some options.

Thanks!

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#2 LaraJo

LaraJo
    • 159 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

We used the Front Page band for our rehearsal dinner. They played reggae and also covered some older songs like "My Girl". I have some of their demos and might have a set list if you're interested.

#3 LaraJo

LaraJo
      • 159 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

We used the Front Page band for our rehearsal dinner. They played reggae and also covered some older songs like "My Girl". I have some of their demos and might have a set list if you're interested.

#4 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
        • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by LaraJo 

That would be great. Can you pm me?

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#5 LaraJo

LaraJo
          • 159 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

@jamaicasukie- sent you a PM with my email address. I can send you the demo songs if you shot me an email. I also have some pics from the night we had the band (they're not the greatest bc it was so dark out and we were on the beach) if you're interested.

#6 chuckzilla

chuckzilla
            • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

HI!

My name is Chuck Patel, I play in a NY based reggae band named the FRIGHTNRS. we all grew up listening to strictly early jamaican music. we play ska reggae rocksteady and early dancehall. Here is our EP

http://thefrightnrs.bandcamp.com/

please contact me at thefrightnrs@gmail.com if you are interested in us.

Thanks,

Chuck

#7 arturino83

arturino83
              • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

I called Tafari and his band (west gang band). Very nice and the music amazing. They are mento/acustic band. I recommend

#8 angela876

angela876
                • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hi, im getting married at the hilton rose hall montego bay on the16th may 2013. We really want a reggae band but struggling to find one. I like the sound of "the front page" band. Larajo....i seen you were sending someone information and picture for the band. Would you mind at all to send them to me too if thats ok? I would really appreciate it :)) thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users