HELP!!! Need feedback on anyone that has gotten married in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 samsbride

samsbride
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Hi all,

So I've decided to get married this July. Yea I know it's coming up but I'm one of the last minute ppl. I'm only having family come to the wedding so I'm not planning some lavish affair. Anyhoo...I've been searching the web on where to go. My top 3 resorts are Hard Rock, Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort, and Dream Palm Beach. The reviews on Travelocity have me panicky and I don't know what to do. I am also researching TA's. I encountered a website, destinationweddings.com, any one heard of it??  I can't continue to drag my feet on this. We already got our passports and we've gotten our paperwork translated....we just need to pick a place! HELP!!!!!

thanks!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hi samsbride, I recommend contacting one of the BDW Travel Agents.  They Specialize in Destination weddings.  You can contact them HERE!

Also, check for those resorts here.

Dominican Republic Wedding Forum | Dominican Republic Resort Reviews

#3 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
      • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I just chose Majestic colonial the packages were very reasonable and there is so much information on here on them but the # 1 reason I chose them is because on tripadvisor.com people rated them 4.5 stars and it had over 6 thousand reviews you can check out tripadvisor for all the resorts you are interested in. I just started working with my TA with wright travel and so far so good =)

Originally Posted by samsbride 

Hi all,

So I've decided to get married this July. Yea I know it's coming up but I'm one of the last minute ppl. I'm only having family come to the wedding so I'm not planning some lavish affair. Anyhoo...I've been searching the web on where to go. My top 3 resorts are Hard Rock, Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort, and Dream Palm Beach. The reviews on Travelocity have me panicky and I don't know what to do. I am also researching TA's. I encountered a website, destinationweddings.com, any one heard of it??  I can't continue to drag my feet on this. We already got our passports and we've gotten our paperwork translated....we just need to pick a place! HELP!!!!!

thanks!

#4 amyUGA

amyUGA
        • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

When we decided to have a destination wedding, I had no idea where to start.  I stumbled upon Beach Bum Vacation and reached out to Nanda.  That was the best decision I ever made.  Their services are free.  I believe they get commissions off the resorts and packages you select.  However, I never felt pressured by Nanda to select a location that was on her list.  She was very patient and willing to answer all our questions and she always responded back in a timely manner. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users