Photo

How many songs do we need for our Cocktail/reception?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kris10kay

kris10kay
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Our wedding is quickly approaching and I am afraid we do not have enough music. We are using the IPOD hook-up and it will be 4 1/2 hours long. Anyone have any suggestions?! :)

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

I found that the music was something I was really concerned about and it ending up not mattering all that much.  Like I was trying to map it out to play X song during X part of wedding/reception and it was overwhelming and a lot of work.  What we ended up doing was compiling all of our songs into a "Wedding" playlist and it ended up great b/c people were requesting to hear certain things or they wanted to hear a song again.  So I would just make sure that you have more then enough songs to cover the time frame (I think a playlist will tell you how long it is) and then kinda go with the flow that day.  Although if someone had said that to me prior to my wedding, I probably would've told them they were crazy and I needed to organize it.

I can check my "wedding" playlist when I get home to give you an idea of how many songs we had...

#3 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
      • 151 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:05 AM

That would be helpful thanks :)

#4 chelseapaige37

chelseapaige37
      • 202 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 10, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Amber, Puerto Vallarta

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

When I was going to use an iPod, I was going to make 3 playlists: cocktails with more of a loungey vibe to it, dinner: our more mellow favs: think David grey/Coldplay and then a dance list. Is think it's better up have more so you don't have to replay any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 lydiasusi

lydiasusi
      • 73 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

I got a mexican triooooooo.  IEEEE IEEE IEEE.   

#6 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
        • 246 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

I did hire a DJ, so I do not have to worry about this. However, I would make a playlist and add all the time for all the songs. Make sure you have MORE than necessary to cover the time of the reception!

#7 lydiasusi

lydiasusi
        • 73 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

well, cocktail hour is trio.

Our reception/dinner and dancing is all ipod :)   make different set lists on your ipod,  Itunes will show you how long each list is :) 

#8 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
          • 363 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
          • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:50 PM

I was just going to do a ipod hookup for the cocktail hour. I am trying to find a bose or beats pill speaker, and have a friend just keep an eye on it and bring it to the reception. 

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users