Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
queena427

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton/Grand Palladium Jamaica Brides 2012

Recommended Posts

Oh darn Alysia, so close to getting to see one another!  I hope your day goes wonderfully :)

 

Could you give me Rashel's information, I want to see her availability for my wedding date.  I've seen some of her work and she seems amazing!   Also, how does it work (if you know) for booking the spa time if you're having someone not part of the spa there to do your hair and make up?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

I've been searching the forums for quite some time now gathering lots of useful info and have finally decided on the Grand Palladium for my Indian wedding in 2013. Is anyone planning on using a horse for there wedding? We'll be needing either a horse or motorcycle for the Barrat Dance Procession prior to the ceremony and I'm thinking a horse is probably the more likely option :) I saw someone previously asked about one, but haven't seen any replies or info on how to go about renting one. Have also been waiting to hear back from my WC for the past couple weeks, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks Ladies!

-Danielle  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by catrina77 View Post

 

Oh darn Alysia, so close to getting to see one another!  I hope your day goes wonderfully :)

 

Could you give me Rashel's information, I want to see her availability for my wedding date.  I've seen some of her work and she seems amazing!   Also, how does it work (if you know) for booking the spa time if you're having someone not part of the spa there to do your hair and make up?

 

Thanks!

 

Hi Catrina,

 

My wedding was actually back in May.

 

I contacted Rashel via email: makeupartistry1@hotmail.com

 

If you are booking off-site hair and makeup... you dont use the spa at all. They would need to go to your room and you will get ready there. You will need to make sure they have an area to plug in a curling iron, blow dryer and the airbrush machine. I cleared off the the desk area and they did my hair and makeup there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Ladies,

 

I'm getting married in August 2013. I noticed on some of the threads that there was a charge of $500 for the IPOD dock, which I was confused about since in the wedding packages it said the IPOD hookup, microphone/speaker were part of the package. Can anyone explain that? Did anyone use anyone else but True color for photography and love it? How about for your centerpieces? Did you bring them from home or find an outside vendor?

 

Thanks

 

-Lena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am getting married January 31, 2013 at 4pm:)  I have so many questions and I also have a hard time reaching the resort & getting responses, but I just have hopes that everything will come together and I'm sure it will:)  I was wondering the same thing about the Ipod hookup/speaker situatation...I was planning on getting the Waves of Love package, since it seemed to be the most useful for what I needed.

And from what I've been able to gather on here....the Poisedon would be the ideal location for my reception...is that right?

Also I would love to see some pictures from other brides who were married at this resort...is there one spot to view them?

Thanks:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by KellyDawn View Post

 

Hello, I am getting married January 31, 2013 at 4pm:)  I have so many questions and I also have a hard time reaching the resort & getting responses, but I just have hopes that everything will come together and I'm sure it will:)  I was wondering the same thing about the Ipod hookup/speaker situatation...I was planning on getting the Waves of Love package, since it seemed to be the most useful for what I needed.

And from what I've been able to gather on here....the Poisedon would be the ideal location for my reception...is that right?

Also I would love to see some pictures from other brides who were married at this resort...is there one spot to view them?

Thanks:)

Woo I'm getting married on the 30th at 4pm! See ya there ;) lol

Intially the communication between the resort and I was amazing but not so much anymore! It gets really annoying at times! I also have the waves of love package and we are taking down centerpieces and a ton of candles and other decor. We are going to leave it all with the planners to see if any other brides want to use it after so we don't have to bring it home!

We just switched from the Poseidon to blue lagoon because of the number of people in our group but i LOVED all the pics and reviews from the Poseidon! It looks so private! It would be so beautiful! I was told if there was over 70 people the dance floor wouldnt be very big and thats not good for us lol So we ended up switching with another bride.

Hope your planning is going well :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY! Ladies, will either of you be at the resort between Feb 2-9? That's when we will be there, getting married on Feb 7. CourtBestBride, I'd love to use your candles if you're leaving them; that would save us from having to bring them. We are also getting married on the beach at 4pm with the Waves of Love package. Please keep posting updates as the time gets closer and I'll do the same. I'm under the impression that the ipod hookup/speakers will be included for the ceremony but for the reception we'd have to pay. Not 100% but that was my impression. Our weddings are coming up so soon, what an exciting time! And at Lene1112, I am using Lindsay from www.photosbylam.com as my photographer, I saw the True Colours photographs and I didn't love them. She even has some pics of people at GPLH, which is pretty cool. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Lene1112 View Post

 

Hello Ladies,

 

I'm getting married in August 2013. I noticed on some of the threads that there was a charge of $500 for the IPOD dock, which I was confused about since in the wedding packages it said the IPOD hookup, microphone/speaker were part of the package. Can anyone explain that? Did anyone use anyone else but True color for photography and love it? How about for your centerpieces? Did you bring them from home or find an outside vendor?

 

Thanks

 

-Lena

 

 

Hi Lena,

 

The speakers and mic should be included for the CEREMONY. (Not sure about ipod as we had the steel drum band and didnt require an ipod for the ceremony).

 

The $500 charge is for the RECEPTION. I strongly suggest investing in your own at home for muuuch less. I brought my own for the reception and it worked great... and we used it all week at the beach.

 

The ceremony and reception are 2 different parts to the wedding in terms of cost and planning... The only thing that overlaps is the package decor. For example with waves of love... the flowers used during the ceremony are moved to the cake table and head table during the reception.

 

You will need to bring your own centerpieces for the reception.... they do not provide anything. I believe you can purchase some through the resort but they are ridiculously expensive.... and if u plan of leaving things behind for future brides... please know that they will throw it out and not pass it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CourtBestBride View Post

 

Woo I'm getting married on the 30th at 4pm! See ya there ;) lol

Intially the communication between the resort and I was amazing but not so much anymore! It gets really annoying at times! I also have the waves of love package and we are taking down centerpieces and a ton of candles and other decor. We are going to leave it all with the planners to see if any other brides want to use it after so we don't have to bring it home!

We just switched from the Poseidon to blue lagoon because of the number of people in our group but i LOVED all the pics and reviews from the Poseidon! It looks so private! It would be so beautiful! I was told if there was over 70 people the dance floor wouldnt be very big and thats not good for us lol So we ended up switching with another bride.

Hope your planning is going well :)

Thanks so much for the info!  Wow are weddings are close...I originally wanted the 30th but obviously it wasn't available!  Where did you see pictures/reviews for the Poseidon?  I'm fairly new to this site and haven't quite figured out all the tricks to it yet, but would love to see some pictures!

 

Originally Posted by LindsayM View Post

 

YAY! Ladies, will either of you be at the resort between Feb 2-9? That's when we will be there, getting married on Feb 7. CourtBestBride, I'd love to use your candles if you're leaving them; that would save us from having to bring them. We are also getting married on the beach at 4pm with the Waves of Love package. Please keep posting updates as the time gets closer and I'll do the same. I'm under the impression that the ipod hookup/speakers will be included for the ceremony but for the reception we'd have to pay. Not 100% but that was my impression. Our weddings are coming up so soon, what an exciting time! And at Lene1112, I am using Lindsay from www.photosbylam.com as my photographer, I saw the True Colours photographs and I didn't love them. She even has some pics of people at GPLH, which is pretty cool. Hope this helps.

We will be there from Jan 25-Feb 4, 2013:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×