Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton/Grand Palladium Jamaica Brides 2012

Originally Posted by MindyLuv View Post

Hello Ladies,

I am in the veeeeeeeeeeeery beginning stages of planning my August 2013 wedding and we have chosen to go with the GPLH!!! I think i will be going with the waves of love package and a possible reception on the beach as well.  Has anyone done a reception on the beach? How did it turn out?

xoxo

just and fyi... a "beach" reception is not really a beach reception. As far as i am aware... and unless they've chaned it since May ... a beach reception is actually set up on the volleyball court area... which is not part of the main beach. They will section it off and set up tables on the sand... and the bar will be the main pool bar.

If you are looking for open air reception.. theres the rooftop patio area above the main pool bar. Depending on how many guests you have because its not a huge rooftop patio. Mind you.. the only wedding we saw that had a reception here... was rained out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You so much!!! Yes we plan to have a 4PM wedding, hoping it won't be so offensively hot outside.  In doing a bit more research, i think we may end up doing an indoor reception (preferably in air conditioning).  We love to dance and i don't want to see anyone melt on the beach lol.  Are you familiar with the centerpieces that they provide?  I have an idea in my head of what i want but do not know if they would allow me to bring things in for it.

MindyLuv, 

Hi.  Look into it a bit more, but when I was there to visit in March, only a few places are inside and they are not available for private receptions.  The only choices you have for private receptions that I am aware of are the Blue Lagoon and Poseiden. Go to the Palladium Addicts website.  You should be able to see all the restaurants there.  Hope that helps

I know you can rent out an entire restaraunt for the reception.. when we were there a wedding had the Lotus restaurant closed for their private wedding. I'm sure they paid lots more for that though. It did look nice... but I didn't get why you would spend that kind of money just to have your reception in a closed restaurant that doesnt have a view. Might as well just stay at home. If you want complete privacy go with Poseidon... at least its open air and has a view.. not to mention the most amazing sunset shots.

The open air feel and views from the Blue Lagoon and Poseidon are absolutely beautiful. Air conditioning isn't a huge deal because there is always a breeze from the ocean, and they have ceiling fans to circulate the air. We never had a problem.. most of the resort is open air.

[/quote So is it my understanding you pay $20 per person extra for the ceremony and $45 extra for reception in Blue Lagoon or Posiden? Seems crazy expensive! Is there anywhere to have semi-private reception without this charge? Also- what are the options for dance floor/iPod hookups for the reception? Just starting my planning process for June 2013!!

So is it my understanding you pay $20 per person extra for the ceremony and $45 extra for reception in Blue Lagoon or Posiden? Seems crazy expensive! Is there anywhere to have semi-private reception without this charge? Also- what are the options for dance floor/iPod hookups for the reception? Just starting my planning process for June 2013!!

So is it my understanding you pay $20 per person extra for the ceremony and $45 extra for reception in Blue Lagoon or Posiden? Seems crazy expensive! Is there anywhere to have semi-private reception without this charge? Also- what are the options for dance floor/iPod hookups for the reception? Just starting my planning process for June 2013!!

Originally Posted by queena427 View Post

Hi Fellow Brides,

Can anyone tell me if GPLH requires you to buy one of the wedding packages even if you don't want anything in that package and will still have to customize?  The cheapest package is $1800 and it seems like such a waste to me.

I was told we could do a vow renewal package! Way cheaper and you can customize and bring your own decorations!!!