• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 cantstopsmiling

cantstopsmiling
  • Site Supporter
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by cantstopsmiling 

My FI and I have done a lot of travelling together, so we've decided to name our tables after places we have been instead of using numbers. We will have a photo of us on each table taken in that country. Then we will have a vintage style world map for our seating plan with a list of the names of people sitting in each country. Hope that helps. :)

Originally Posted by Jackie79 

Do you have a picture of what your map looked like

after you added all the names ?

My wedding is in 16 days so I'll post pics of the table plan etc after the big day!

DSC00812.JPG

This is the best photo I could find of the map/table plan, We had 5 tables for our wedding and we chose our 5 favourite cities/countries that were spread out across the map - San Francisco, New York(oor, Italy (where we got married), Beijing and Sydney.

These were on the tables.

#12 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

I decided to use the table #'s as a way to incorporate my fiance into the wedding. he's from NYC, so I asked him to find me 6-7 images of iconic NYC places. I'll print them out in black & white, add a label of some sort, and we'll use those as the table names.

I'll have a tag for each person/couple that will have their table assignment on it, as well as their entree selection.

I'm not sure NYC really ties into our "beach wedding" theme, but I decided it was more important to incorporate him into our day in this way, vs. worrying about whether or not it fit just perfectly!

so still in the planning stages, but this is the idea we're going with.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#13 llincks

llincks
    • 151 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Thanks for sharing!

#14 EJM17

EJM17
      • 36 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Wow I realllllly love that idea!!! Looks great!

#15 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
        • Vendor
        • 210 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

hello all!

a cute idea it's using bride's and groom's ages as table numbers and put photos of themselves at that age.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#16 Traci7642

Traci7642
          • Site Supporter
          • 122 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I plan to incorporate the table #s into a beverage.  Here are some pictures that I have snagged off this forum, and other websites.

#17 Traci7642

Traci7642
            • Site Supporter
            • 122 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

I also like this idea since we are sending message in the bottle invitations...

#18 cerise

cerise
              • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Thank you for posting the picture of your seating plan! This is the idea that we are also playing with - using the world map as the seating plan. Did you buy a map or just print it of the internet?

#19 melissa2014

melissa2014
                • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

My FI and I have done a lot of travelling together, so we've decided to name our tables after places we have been instead of using numbers. We will have a photo of us on each table taken in that country. Then we will have a vintage style world map for our seating plan with a list of the names of people sitting in each country. Hope that helps. :)

Great Idea !! 

#20 JSLM

JSLM
                  • 170 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Some great ideas. Love the idea of places you have been to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users