Seating chart/table number ideas!

These are all such cool ideas! Any thoughts on a wedding with purple/teal and peacock accents? :) all ideas welcomed! We r doing chill out lounge at grand sunset princess and there are 8 tables it seems total. I think something cool for table #s would be great, then just doing a seating chart and letting people sit where they want AT EACH table would be fine. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

These are all such cool ideas! Any thoughts on a wedding with purple/teal and peacock accents? :) all ideas welcomed! We r doing chill out lounge at grand sunset princess and there are 8 tables it seems total.

I think something cool for table #s would be great, then just doing a seating chart and letting people sit where they want AT EACH table would be fine. Thanks!!

Maybe you could put a peacock feather in each table number frame, with a number/name in front in teal? That would look great!

I also agree on assigning people to tables but allowing them to sit wherever they'd like at that table. We did the same thing and it worked great! Guests love direction at weddings and being told where they need to be and when (without this there would be chaos), but I think people appreciated being able to choose their own seat at their assigned table.

We're getting married in Mexico and my very crafty cousin made mini pinatas with numbers on them for our tables that we can fill with candies for a few lucky guests.  I'm hoping to have a big pinata at our wedding as well but we'll try to buy one from Mexico.

I'm still unsure if I want to assign tables to people or not.  I'm ok with not assigning seats, but assigning tables might be fun to mix up the groups a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8chow View Post

We're getting married in Mexico and my very crafty cousin made mini pinatas with numbers on them for our tables that we can fill with candies for a few lucky guests.  I'm hoping to have a big pinata at our wedding as well but we'll try to buy one from Mexico.

I'm still unsure if I want to assign tables to people or not.  I'm ok with not assigning seats, but assigning tables might be fun to mix up the groups a bit.

If you need a hand with the piñata and candies down here ahead of time, let me know! I live down here and can source one for you.

Our wedding planner strongly advised against not assigning people to tables at all. She said she's seen it happen before and it turns into a bit of a mess! People like to know where they are supposed to be during weddings, very similar to herding sheep. ;)

Assigning tables also helps avoid having too many or too little people wanting to sit at the tables and ending up with uneven numbers at the tables and people moving chairs and place settings around to accommodate the table they chose to sit at. Assigning groups to tables and then letting people sit where they want at the assigned table worked great for us though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHK View Post

If you need a hand with the piñata and candies down here ahead of time, let me know! I live down here and can source one for you.

Our wedding planner strongly advised against not assigning people to tables at all. She said she's seen it happen before and it turns into a bit of a mess! People like to know where they are supposed to be during weddings, very similar to herding sheep. ;)

Assigning tables also helps avoid having too many or too little people wanting to sit at the tables and ending up with uneven numbers at the tables and people moving chairs and place settings around to accommodate the table they chose to sit at. Assigning groups to tables and then letting people sit where they want at the assigned table worked great for us though!

Hi MrsHK, thanks for the offer.  I may take you up on that offer depending on how much we can stuff in our lugguage.  How are you liking the move from BC to the Mayan?  I'm jealous :) 

Tables and not seats sounds like a good idea.  At least it'll provide a little bit of order to the process but enough freedom to let people choose their seats. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8chow View Post

Hi MrsHK, thanks for the offer.  I may take you up on that offer depending on how much we can stuff in our lugguage.  How are you liking the move from BC to the Mayan?  I'm jealous :) 

Tables and not seats sounds like a good idea.  At least it'll provide a little bit of order to the process but enough freedom to let people choose their seats. 

Haha, Oh I know all about stuffing things in luggage! Our last 6 or 7 trips home to Vancouver and to California to visit family have been at least three suitcases, plus carry on duffel bags. The move down here was FIVE suitcases plus carry on duffels. 

Between bringing things down for our wedding this past May bit by bit and shopping for all the goodies that aren't available down here (Forever 21!!) my husband is wondering what happened to light, easy travel! A thing of the past, I tell him. 

I've also started a small decor rental company with all the things we used from our wedding, so I have excuses to keeping bringing more things down here, even post wedding. Lanterns and mason jars galore! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post

I am using Martha Stewart's idea as we sent Msg in A Bottle for the invitations...very adorable :-)

hi Lydia!! where did you get the glass (or plastic) little bottles with cork lids? this is such a neat idea...i dont have many guests so it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn963 View Post

hi Lydia!! where did you get the glass (or plastic) little bottles with cork lids? this is such a neat idea...i dont have many guests so it would be great.

hey Jenn,  to be honest, I can't remember  exactly as it was in January of this year...however, here is a link to a bunch of vendors on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xsmall+glass+viles&_nkw=small+glass+viles&_sacat=0&_from=R40