Seating chart/table number ideas!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Fired Up B2B

Fired Up B2B
  • Site Supporter
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

We've decided to set assigned seating as we have 61 guests coming to our DW! As such I'm looking for ideas, suggestions & what past brides have done for making a seating chart and/or table #'s!

#2 Pucca

Pucca
    • 485 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

Depends on what your theme is. My suggestion is that you look at the planning journals part of this forum. A lot of brides have put up their planning journals with details and photos. It might help generate some ideas for you. Another option is to do a search on theknot.com; they have a ton of photos that are searchable. 

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Fired Up B2B 

We've decided to set assigned seating as we have 61 guests coming to our DW! As such I'm looking for ideas, suggestions & what past brides have done for making a seating chart and/or table #'s!

#3 cantstopsmiling

cantstopsmiling
      • Site Supporter
      • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

My FI and I have done a lot of travelling together, so we've decided to name our tables after places we have been instead of using numbers. We will have a photo of us on each table taken in that country. Then we will have a vintage style world map for our seating plan with a list of the names of people sitting in each country. Hope that helps. :)

#4 Jackie79

Jackie79
        • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Do you have a picture of what your map looked like

after you added all the names ?

#5 Islander88

Islander88
          • 120 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

love the travel idea.. its quite original

#6 kmiller8609

kmiller8609
            • 151 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Also love the travel idea.... I could see my FI and I doing this.

#7 cantstopsmiling

cantstopsmiling
              • Site Supporter
              • 37 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

My wedding is in 16 days so I'll post pics of the table plan etc after the big day!

#8 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                • Vendor
                • 183 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

LOVE this idea! I've used it for weddings in the past too! I would only suggest putting a table numbers somewhere on the back of the photo or table card for the serving staff. They usually ask for that :)

Originally Posted by cantstopsmiling 

My FI and I have done a lot of travelling together, so we've decided to name our tables after places we have been instead of using numbers. We will have a photo of us on each table taken in that country. Then we will have a vintage style world map for our seating plan with a list of the names of people sitting in each country. Hope that helps. :)

#9 whatsup

whatsup
                  • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

another option is places the couple frequent or have been, can be local or international. The guest seated at those table are directly related to the locale. School friends at the table named after the eatery on campus

#10 cantstopsmiling

cantstopsmiling
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie79 

Do you have a picture of what your map looked like

after you added all the names ?

My wedding is in 16 days so I'll post pics of the table plan etc after the big day!

DSC00812.JPG

This is the best photo I could find of the map/table plan, We had 5 tables for our wedding and we chose our 5 favourite cities/countries that were spread out across the map - San Francisco, New York(oor, Italy (where we got married), Beijing and Sydney.

These were on the tables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users