Photo

Platinum Wedding in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ncainey

ncainey
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

Is anyone else addicted to Platinum Weddings?! I was just watching one yesterday where they got married at The One & Only Palmilla. Way out of our price range but it was gorgeous! They had a swanky lounge theme with white couches and tables that light up. Soooo, I was thinking of doing an area where my guest can "chill" at. Kind of like a little lounge separate from the reception. Has anyone done something like this or know how I would go about it? I guess I just need to talk to Maye. It would be cool to have some lounge furniture with lots of candles. Nice make out spot for some of our friends

#2 Wisco4

Wisco4
    • 666 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

I love that idea too! I'm going to talk to my WC about it as well.
      ~Amanda

#3 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:51 PM

We're doing a lounge area, and renting the lounge furniture and will have a bar that is lit up and pink! So fun!

Here's the bar:

Click the image to open in full size.

I don't have a pictue of the lounge furniture, but I go back to Cabo next weekend for a final site visit and will take as many pictures as I can!

I think the lounge is a great way to have an informal area for your guests to relax and talk...some of them probably haven't seen each other in a long time!

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

This is an old episode right? I saw this one. Her wedding was absolutely gorgeous. And she had the dress that I love (also Kash's dress)! Everything was so beautiful. Ahhhh to afford a wedding like that. LOL.

On another note, I love the lounge idea. I think maybe Anny and Jenetta had loungy areas. You could probably ask them how they set theirs up. Jill your pink idea looks fabulous.

#5 Wisco4

Wisco4
          • 666 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jak27
            We're doing a lounge area, and renting the lounge furniture and will have a bar that is lit up and pink! So fun!

Here's the bar:

Click the image to open in full size.

I don't have a pictue of the lounge furniture, but I go back to Cabo next weekend for a final site visit and will take as many pictures as I can!

I think the lounge is a great way to have an informal area for your guests to relax and talk...some of them probably haven't seen each other in a long time!

Is this something that Fiesta Americana is doing or are your renting the furniture from elsewhere?
            ~Amanda

#6 jak27

jak27
            • 715 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Wisco4
              Is this something that Fiesta Americana is doing or are your renting the furniture from elsewhere?
              We are using a separate vendor for the lounge furniture. I thought I had a picture but can't seem to find it anywhere...

#7 ncainey

ncainey
              • 159 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering if Maye will rent it from someone or I will have to. Can you give me any price quotes on what you are paying for it?? It looks awesome! The area I am thinking of doing it is an outside area at Cabo Surf. I wanted to throw some big pillows down and maybe some ottomans. I wonder how much it will cost!!

#8 Wisco4

Wisco4
                • 666 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

I'd also like to know the vendor and cost please :)
                  ~Amanda

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

I haven't seen it but if you watch Rock of Love they will be in Cabo on the next episode.. :-)

#10 destinationcabo

destinationcabo
                    • 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TammyB
                      I haven't seen it but if you watch Rock of Love they will be in Cabo on the next episode.. :-)
                      Tammy - I LOVE Rock of Love. I didn't see yesterday's episode yet so I haven't seen the previews of Cabo! Can't wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users