HELP! Negril, Jamaica wedding on December 12, 2012

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carremel

carremel
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hi ladies,

My high school sweetheart finally popped the question on Christmas day after 11 years (not that I was counting heehe) and we have chosen to do our wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I always imagined getting married in a church but because we will celebrate our special day away from home, it is quite challenging to find a catholic chapel near the resort we are interested in booking. We are looking at booking Couples Swept Away but our plan is to have a chapel wedding then have a beachside reception with a very casual but classy ambiance by having food on the grill and a live reggae band (with a female vocalist) playing. Is this at all possible? I would love to hear all your suggestions and recommendations. Thank you for all your help in advance.

P.S. Can you also recommend a photographer, florist, hair and make up artist?

Melissa 

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Congrats! 

I always say that if you can think it, it can be done, so what you are explaining sounds totally doable to me.  However, having said that, I have no idea how you would go about it!  My first thought would be to either hire a DW TA that might be able to assist you in finding the right places, but I think you might even benefit more from a wedding coordinator.  Even the WC at your resort might be able to assist you, b/c you are getting married off resort, but having the reception on it. 

I think what you've described sounds beautiful and I kinda want to go to your reception with the BBQ and live reggae band!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users