Newbies from New York

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Excited Couple

Excited Couple
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

My fiance and I just got engaged on Friday and we're both interested in a destination wedding. We're leaning towards Jamaica in Spring 2008 and have a lot of questions. We've looked at several resorts like Sandals, Riu and RoseHall. RoseHall seems intriguing...any info would be great. Generally we're looking for a place that offers a private reception and is not too crazy in price...$1500 per person would work, but we are very open to suggestions.

We look forward to meeting all of you and sharing our experiences.

#2 Christine

• VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Welcome to the forum, we have a lot of Jamaica brides and I am sure they can help you with all your questions. I had looked into Beaches Boscabel but wound up getting married in California. We did go to Couples Ocho Rios for our Honeymoon and it was wonderful. Very relaxing and so many activities. I liked that it was a small resort, the food, spa, and staff were great.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

Welcome, and congrats on your new engagement. You should post your engagement story..

#4 robindepaula

• Banned
      • 514 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:32 PM

Congrats on your recent engagement & to the forum. You're sure to get lots of great information from all the brides here!

Happy planning!

#5 edna

• Site Supporter
        • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:06 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum!!

#6 Clussy75

• 533 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your engagement! There's quite a few Jamaica BTB's on here that can steer you in the right direction.
            Claudia & Sean

#7 Spazz

• VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:29 PM

to the forum! Congrats on your recent engagement. I am getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios in May 2008. I decided on the RIU because it was relatively inexpensive for my guests (about $1000 including air from Philly for 4 nights). Look in the Jamaica section in the forum and you will finds tons of information. There are a lot of RIU brides, at least 1 Couples, 1 Beaches, 1 Sandals and more! Let us know how we can help you.

#8 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

welcome to the forum!

#9 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

#10 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:16 PM

Welcome!!! What part of Long Island are you from? I'm from Astoria, Queens. My FI is originally from Port Washington.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users