2 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:02 PM

I have always been leery of timeshares. They seemed to good to be true. This is an interesting article about some owners that own timeshares with a very large company are being hit with surprise maintenance assessments. Some are as big as $5800. They have until january to pay this or they risk going to collections and damaging their credit. The sales people can be pretty slick and gloss over the fine print that puts you on the hook and them off the hook. [QUOTE“My obligation is that I bought in 1997, when we were told our vacation costs were never going to go up. Now I got a $5,800 bill, plus more because we bought a second week,” said one concerned owner. “I’m frustrated. We’re in a recession and we got kids in college. Sure, we’ve enjoyed a nice week in Poipu every year, but for God’s sake, we’re normal people, we’re not Bill Gates, and we’ve got till the end of January to come up with a payment.”][/QUOTE] Check out the article, especially the comments because current timeshare owners chime in and most think that they are getting ripped off. http://blog.sfgate.c...-win-1-pending/

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Crazy!  I've been to a few presentations and it always seemed shady to me, and if anything a waste of money because some years you can't get away and when you can you just pay for the trip and go. 

#3 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

We were tempted by a timeshare a few years ago when we went on vacatio to a friends timeshare, but we couldn't deal with the car-salesman-y sales pitch.  Always seemed shady, I'm glad we didn't give in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users