Photo

Let's Buddy Up!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shay12

Shay12
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

There are so many great brides on here with great ideas! I wanted to start a thread where we can buddy up with other brides getting marriend in the same area at the same time as us! Why aren't more of us networking, and sharing vendors! I'm a hairstylist so I know that the more work the better when you travel to do a job. I'm bringing down my photographer and hair & makeup because it's important to me to have the best that I know of for my day! Flowers Video Hair & makeup Photographer DJ There are so many options! Lets work together!!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Congratulations and welcome! This is a great idea... hope it all works out for you and you find other brides to help you out.

One small warning... photography is a highly policed area down here in the Mayan Riviera. Customs often stops photographers travelling here to shoot weddings. You are not allowed to work in another country without proper documentation and permits.  Anybody carrying more than one camera and or piece of flash equipment is stopped in the airport and can be denied entry.

I don't mean to scare you... just a fact since they now scan everything coming into Cancun right at the counter. You said photography is important to you... so you many want to consider that.

Best of luck!

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Shay12

Shay12
      • 68 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

Thank you for the advice! I have never heard of this to be a problem. My friend will be taking my photos as a gift for my wedding. No worries! She travels with her cameras all over the world! Even I take 2-3 cameras with me everywhere I travel. Thank you for your concern.

#4 kat2012

kat2012
        • 602 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

My friend come to shoot my wedding and other girls wedding ( we slit the cost of her and her hubbys travel) and had no problem with that. Even though our resort does not let outside vendors. And it is great idea to Buddy up, saves lots of money!

Originally Posted by Moments That Matter 

Congratulations and welcome! This is a great idea... hope it all works out for you and you find other brides to help you out.

One small warning... photography is a highly policed area down here in the Mayan Riviera. Customs often stops photographers travelling here to shoot weddings. You are not allowed to work in another country without proper documentation and permits.  Anybody carrying more than one camera and or piece of flash equipment is stopped in the airport and can be denied entry.

I don't mean to scare you... just a fact since they now scan everything coming into Cancun right at the counter. You said photography is important to you... so you many want to consider that.

Best of luck!

Linkn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users