Photo

Rehearsal/Welcome Dinner Dress

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#51 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:23 PM

Ann - did you end up checking out White chicago? I noticed that Elegant Bride magazine has an article this month about Chicago bridal shops. Another tip to save money is that if you are ever anywhere near Minnesota, they have no sales tax on wedding dresses.
    Jen & Aaron
    January 13, 2007

#52 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:29 PM

I actually have an appointment at White in 30 min ( I need to tear myself away from this site!).

And I am going to MN this weekend to house shop, I finally closed on my condo here in Chicago, so now we're free to buy a house in MN.

That is one thing I miss about MN, no sales tax on clothing (but I wasn't sure if this applied to wedding gowns) - I was born and raised there, I just moved to Chicago a year ago to be closer to Paul. Whenever we visit MN, Paul buys all sorts of clothes, he's a bigger shopper than I am!

I'll let you know how it goes ...

#53 carolj

carolj
      • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

Hi all!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting all the cool dress pics, and a big thanks to whoever recommended bluefly.com. They have such awesome stuff! I am way, way, way far away from looking for a RD dress, but I know one place I'll be shopping for it!

Thanks again!

Carol

#54 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:07 PM

Carol - I'm guilty of reccomending bluefly. I love that site, but sometimes I wish I never knew about it!! Happy shopping.

#55 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:05 PM

So I've been looking for a beautiful dress to wear for a welcome dinner in Cabo and found one at bcbg a few months ago and regret not buying it, now I can't find it anywhere but this is something similar to it thinking of getting this one (the bcbg was excatly the same style but had brighter colors)

what do u guys think? is it 2 dark and boring?

Click the image to open in full size.

#56 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:26 PM

and there's this one aswell its bcbg...which one u guys like better? honest opinions please (or should I keep looking?)

Click the image to open in full size.

#57 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

i love the second one..the colors are perfect and it will look so gorgeous on you!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#58 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:45 PM

I think I like the 2nd one better as well, I think it's more "tropical" and like the lighter colors better than the darker.

#59 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

Edyta - definitely the second dress. Love the colors!

#60 Jackie

Jackie
                  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

I LOVE the style of the first one but the colors of the second one. Yup, I'm no help.
                    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users