Photo

HELP!! Suggestions on DW in the Bahamas

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 krisbahamabride

krisbahamabride
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

I've just decided to do a DW. I was originally thinking of the Bahamas, however, after a couple of days of doing some research, I'm feeling a little discouraged. My parents stayed at the RIU on Paradise Island and loved it. But it seems to be getting mixed reviews. I also wanted a garden wedding but not sure it it is possible at the RIU. I then looked at Sandals, and it has mixed reviews also. I was wanting to go with an AI. I've also checked at weddings in the Bahamas website, I'm concerned of cost and the comparisons to having a wedding at an AI resort. So, I did some further researching and have seen great reviews of the RIU in DR in Punta Cana, the pictures were amazing!! However, not sure how comfortable my parents are with the DR. Also, I'm thinking December 2012, how is the weather in the Bahamas at that time?? Any suggestions? I need feedback.

#2 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
    • 923 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

I"m here now and it 70-80 and nice! There is a lot of breeze so it's not hot and the water is not as warm as it usually is. Bahamas is not an inexpensive island. I know the DR is much cheaper so you have to consider the budget of your guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users