Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:23 PM
My name is Melissa Duenas and we got engaged in July right before my very special "other", Greg Fisher went into intensive training for his IT certifications. Needless to say we were unable to do much planning. I'm getting into the swing of things now, but am one of the most indecisive people ever!
- I know we'd like to get married in the Spring or Summer of 2008, but I can't seem to pick a month. I'd love to say May, but doesn't everyone say "May?".
- I'm not the most traditional of brides to be I'd say. Honestly, I thought this would be great fun to plan out a wedding, but I'm about 2 inches away from running away with my future hubby (who is originally from Las Vegas) and jumping ship.
- We've toyed with the idea of Vegas, Miami (where I'm from) is out of the question, and Atlanta or rather Warner Robbins (where his family is at) is out of the question. To make things more interesting... we both met in Austin, TX. So the country is basically a giant hopscotch board.
- Most recently I thought of a place I had been to in Mexico a few years back. I absolutely loved it, Xcaret (eco park), and always said this place would be an ideal place to live. I would love to get married here.
- The issues are: logistics (will this this work for everyone?), pricing (is this way out of the range?), if you have a destination wedding does that mean honeymoon too?, does everyone hang out with you? AHHH!
This is all so overwhelming, but I'm still in the very beginning stages. I feel so discouraged when I start to think about everything involved. The great irony is that at work I manage very complex research projects without a hitch, but I can't seem to get definitive milestones set for your "wedding". All I know is that we love each other, and I guess in the end - it's just important that we can finally be together. I look forward to learning some things on this site. - Melissa!
Wasn't the marrying kind, until I met my IT man
Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forums. Youll love it hear, find so much information, and end up being addicted like the rest of us!
If theres any way I can help, just let me know!
Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:36 PM
Probably everyone who wanted a DW had to deal with these questions initially. Will the loves ones come, will they be able to afford it, how should we plan out the whole trip, etc, etc... The truth is, not every one will be able to make it or can afford to make it. But this will be true even for traditional weddings held in the states.
So like many of the other brides-to-be did, we chose a location that is most affordable to travel to. An all-inclusive resorts will keep your wedding costs down and less hassle for all the plannings and guest travels. For us, we will be spending a couple days before and after to hang out with the guests and then move on to the honeymoon. The amount of mingling is totally up to you. After all, all the guests should be able to make a vacation out of it on their own. So really, look at what's important to you and focus on those things...
Good luck and let us know what else we might be able to help!
Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Melissa~ you should be able to find lots of answers to your questions here. I think most of us who are DW brides have had the same questions at some point. Let us know how we can help...browse around, there's a ton of info here!
Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:48 PM
Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:45 PM
Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users