Paradisus Palma Real (November 2012!!!) - DJ & Photographer Question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 micheleann

• 32 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:06 AM

I booked the Paradisus Palma Real for my wedding next November.  I've been looking at this forum and see that everyone loves DJ Mania.  I was imformed by my wedding consultant that he is no longer the preferred DJ of the resort but they can book him if I want. The new preferred DJ is RS Entertainment.  Has anyone used him?

Also, I got the price list for the photographer (Arrecife).  Is it me, or is that pricing plan really off?  Has anyone used him/recommend him?

Thanks Ladies!!!

#2 vcwedding2011

• 286 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

Look into HDC photo.  I just used them for my wedding on Nov. 26 and they were an absolute pleasure to work with.  Prices were good too.

#3 edevine

• 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Wow I'm so glad I saw this post! I'm getting married next October at the PPR and was told that DJ Mannia was the preferred DJ.  She never informed me that they made the switch.  I just emailed her to confirm, I'm glad I saw this!!!

#4 edevine

• 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Also, I booked HDC, they have been great so far to work with and if you like their Facebook page, you can see their work.  They are very good and very reasonable!

#5 micheleann

• 32 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

I was looking at HDC.  They seem very reasonable.  Do we only have to pay for an offsite vendor pass or is there another fee?  Let me know what they say about DJ Mania...

#6 edevine

• 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Yes we have to pay for an offsite vendor fee, it's about $120/day per person, so they are coming for the wedding and then for the TTD session.  I emailed the resort and they said DJ Mannia is still their preferred DJ??

#7 micheleann

• 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

That's so strange about DJ Mannia...why would she tell me that he's no longer the preferred DJ...I'm asking again!  Thanks for the follow-up

#8 DJMannia

• Vendor
                • 149 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi Micheleann,

We are still the preferred Dj provider of Paradisus Palma Real , you can confirm this with the Romance Department from PPR if you like , 

Happy New Year

#9 ayansi08

• 49 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

HI Ladies!

I'm an October bride getting married at PPC. I came across your chat, and wanted to suggest you read the thread Paradius Punta Cana. Apparently several brides are having some sort of issue regarding the hiring of their photographers because of a fee of $1,000 that non-preferred vendors have to pay.

Like I said, read the last couple of pages within the thread so you can better understand.

I don't want you to freak out, but it's better to be well informed!

#10 edevine

• 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Ayansi! Do you have a link to that thread? I can't seem to find it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users