Disappointed :(

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 brendee2005

brendee2005
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hello ladies,

Today was my try on appt. my dress arrived last week. I was so excited to finally try it on but then when I did I was so disappointed, not because of the dress I still love it.  I imagined the dress fitting like a glove! The sample I tried on looked better ! I know once alteration and everything is done I will fall in love again but until then I have this imagine of a baggy dress in my head!!  I think they ordered a bigger size to hit me with alterations( not nice)

#2 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Sorry to hear that...did they really order a bigger size? Maybe you should take your dress to another shop for alterations and not give them any more business! I have a different concern with my bridal shop...my sample I tried on was too big and they told me I need to order size 0, and I'm so worried that it might not fit!

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Hello ladies,

Today was my try on appt. my dress arrived last week. I was so excited to finally try it on but then when I did I was so disappointed, not because of the dress I still love it.  I imagined the dress fitting like a glove! The sample I tried on looked better ! I know once alteration and everything is done I will fall in love again but until then I have this imagine of a baggy dress in my head!!  I think they ordered a bigger size to hit me with alterations( not nice)

#3 brendee2005

brendee2005
      • 456 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

I'm originally a 6 in dress sometimes 4 it my dress was ordered a 10!!!!! The consultant said wedding dress sizes are different than normal dresses sizes.  

If they took your measurements and suggested a smaller size you will be fine. Fingerscrosses*** :)

#4 belledame

belledame
        • 195 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

@ Brendee

Sorry about you disappointment....I can't imagine how after you've tried on the sample,your dress came in a larger size. I  hope that was not done purposely in order to gain profit.  I'm with redginger, if they're charging you a hefty price for alterations, take it to another shop.

#5 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
          • 166 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

It will be okay after alterations! Just think of it as prolonging the excitement of that one day you try it on and it is perfect!

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

I think that once you have the alterations done it will fit how it is supposed to.  I hope they didn't purposly order a sit to big so that you would need alterations, if thats the case I'm with everyone else-take it somewhere else for alterations.

#7 Sharon99

Sharon99
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Same as me. I am a 2 - 4 in clothes & dresses and my shop ordered me a 10 as well! I was freaking out that it would be huge! It came in a few weeks ago & when I went to try it on I was a little disappointed but was glad that it was bigger then smaller. I am short & knew I needed alterations so I didnt care. My shop charges a flat fee so I guess it doesnt matter how much they take inoff.  Dont worry it will all work out & eventually fit you like a glove! Just think if the 10 came in & actually fit you like a glove. I know I would have been crying!!! lol!

I'm originally a 6 in dress sometimes 4 it my dress was ordered a 10!!!!! The consultant said wedding dress sizes are different than normal dresses sizes.  

If they took your measurements and suggested a smaller size you will be fine. Fingerscrosses*** :)

#8 brendee2005

brendee2005
              • 456 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

I bought my dress on RK bridal in NY and their alterations prices are under $350 for basic . I'm assuming that shortening the dress and taking in the waist and hip is a basic alteration ! I called today and they told me the reason why is because of my bust. Petite with a C cup . You would think I was huge! I guess I will have to wait to march ...

#9 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
                • 159 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Aww I'm sorry you're disappointed. The good news is they usually order the side that will best fit the largest/widest part of you, then tailor the rest to fit you like a glove. Sounds like you're well on your way. I'm sure it will be stunning.  

Hello ladies,

#10 brendee2005

brendee2005
                  • 456 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Thanks! With the help of my FI and MOH I feel better. I am a crazy control freak and mot having the appt go the way I wanted freaked me out!!! I'm positive once the everything's done I will be in love all over again;)

Aww I'm sorry you're disappointed. The good news is they usually order the side that will best fit the largest/widest part of you, then tailor the rest to fit you like a glove. Sounds like you're well on your way. I'm sure it will be stunning.  

Quote:

Hello ladies,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users