Sharing my DIY Boarding Pass Save the Dates

• 2 weeks later...

OMG Venus909!  You are soooo inspiring.  You are MARTHA STEWART in my eyes!  All your DIY are absolutely gorgeous.  I just came across these STD's.  I want to go the same route you did.  Then do a passport invitation.  I also saw your wedding website - I love the added touches of music.  Think I may do the same!!!  (I swear I am not stalking you - just coming across a lot of your posts)  LOL!

I am recently engaged (Christmas Day 2011) and we are planning a April 2013 destination wedding in Playa del Carmen (Riu Palace Riviera Maya)  We just need to confirm the Easter School Break for 2013 for my FI's son, Jake.  They will not guarantee it's the week following Easter (Mon 4/1- Fri 4/5).  The schedule will take another few weeks to be confirmed so I am sort of at a stand still until I get Jake's week/break confirmed.  Although I have started talking to Wendy Hicks at Wright Travel & started talking to the Riu.  

Such an exciting time - my first wedding/FI (Bill's 2nd).

How soon did you send your STD's?  Did you purchase the template from Aylee's Bits or did you use her sample one?  

Best of luck to you!  You truly are such an inspiration.

Warm regards,

Elissa :-)

Originally Posted by venus909 View Post

Hello Ladies!

I have gotten sooo many ideas and helpful information from this website I figured I should probably contribute what I have come up with...

Here are my save the dates that I sent out this past May.  I have typed up how to instructions...let me know if you are interested and I'll post them.

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

I had to make almost 100 of them and I couldn't find enough of the orange sheets of paper, so I made them in 2 color schemes.  The colors for my wedding are Orange (mango), Fuschia (watermelon), and light blue (pool)

9a39ffcb_forknot.jpeg

On the back of each "pass" I printed "This is not a valid voucher"  but I don't have a picture of that.

Thanks for looking!

Making the boarding pass.doc

Elissae - Congrats on your engagement! I definitely know how hard it is to coordinate dates with the school schedules!  I have three kids and had to make sure I picked a date after they got out for summer break.  Thank you so much for your compliments and kind words :)  I do love to the DIY projects...lol.  Stalk away!  I try to post as much as I can in hopes to give others Ideas.  I have gotten soooo many ideas from this site I just want to pay it forward where I can.

I sent my STDs out at the end of May last year, so about a year in advance.  I wanted to give my guests as much time as possible to save $ and vacation days. I think around the 1 year mark is a good time.  I used the free boarding pass from Alyee Bits.  I downloaded it and imported it into photoshope and designed it from there.  For my passports I did purchase the template from Alyee Bits, but I changed it almost completely.  All I used was the background.  I imported into Adobe Illustrator and designed it from there.  Some elements I did in photoshop.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.  I'll help out as much as I can.  If you end up making the boarding passes and/or the passports, please share them when they are done.  I'd love to check them out ;)

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

OMG Venus909!  You are soooo inspiring.  You are MARTHA STEWART in my eyes!  All your DIY are absolutely gorgeous.  I just came across these STD's.  I want to go the same route you did.  Then do a passport invitation.  I also saw your wedding website - I love the added touches of music.  Think I may do the same!!!  (I swear I am not stalking you - just coming across a lot of your posts)  LOL!

I am recently engaged (Christmas Day 2011) and we are planning a April 2013 destination wedding in Playa del Carmen (Riu Palace Riviera Maya)  We just need to confirm the Easter School Break for 2013 for my FI's son, Jake.  They will not guarantee it's the week following Easter (Mon 4/1- Fri 4/5).  The schedule will take another few weeks to be confirmed so I am sort of at a stand still until I get Jake's week/break confirmed.  Although I have started talking to Wendy Hicks at Wright Travel & started talking to the Riu.  

Such an exciting time - my first wedding/FI (Bill's 2nd).

How soon did you send your STD's?  Did you purchase the template from Aylee's Bits or did you use her sample one?  

Best of luck to you!  You truly are such an inspiration.

Warm regards,

Elissa :-)

Possibly a silly question but I am new to this and have so much to learn... How does everyone have a hotel and such picked out so far in advance without knowing flight schedules and resort prices? Do you not need to have a resort somewhat booked before all of the STDs and invites and such go out?

Hi! Kwhite...

I actually didn't sent out the STDs till I had a deposit put down on a resort.  I worked with a Travel Agent and he was able to help me get pricing and package info.  It took some time since the resort didn't have the 2012 pricing finalized when I started looking, but the TA was able to help me secure that info. I would suggest having a date secured with a venue whether it be a resort or restaurant or something else before sending out your STDs.

Have you started working with a TA?

Originally Posted by kwhite View Post

Possibly a silly question but I am new to this and have so much to learn... How does everyone have a hotel and such picked out so far in advance without knowing flight schedules and resort prices? Do you not need to have a resort somewhat booked before all of the STDs and invites and such go out?

• 2 weeks later...