Photo

sxcT's Planning Thread for Aventura Palace Resort on 11/18/11

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

I wanted to get this done before I left but it just didn't happen.  So its 3 weeks after but thankfully I did 95% of this before I left.

Background:

I got engaged on 8/11/10 and knew I’d be having a destination wedding right away.  I travel all the time so there was no way I’d be getting married somewhere over here.  It would have to be warm, tropical and have beautiful turquoise water!!  David proposed on a random Wednesday so that I would be totally caught off guard.  The proposal story is so cute and funny so if you’d like to read it check out our wedding website at

ASP-gazebo.jpg

AventuraSP_lg.jpg

Telling the Guests:

We figured the quickest way to let people know what we were planning was to send out an email with some details and start up the wedding website (DSCN3090.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

Grooms Attire:

David’s suit was from Studio Suits – all white pure linen.

DSC_0032.JPG

Rings:      

All rings are from Robbin’s Bros.

Mine are Coast brand.

His is Gravure brand but we customized it.  We add 4 additional diamonds for a total of 5 diamonds.

rings1.jpg

Shoes:

Ahhh my lovely turquoise shoes – RSVP Lovely.  Purchased from Zappos.com  Love love love them!!

shoes1.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSCN3085.JPG

“I DO” stickers purchased from Michael’s. Garter purchased from Michael’s and then bedazzled by me!

My backup flip flops – Kensie Girl - purchased from 6pm.com

flipflops.JPG

Flowers:

I had a real touch bouquet made from both me and my sister (MOH) and a bout made for David.  Watermenot.com is responsible for such great work.  I added the rhinestone looking wrap around the stem.

DSC_0076.JPG

image_1.png

photo 3.JPG

Jewelry:

Earrings and hair clip purchased from an accessory store in the mall.  Bracelet purchased from Macy’s (Monet brand)

STDs:

I knew I had to do the boarding pass STD because it was so cute and I loved the idea of it.  Here is a link to the STDS I made.  DSCN2106.jpgDSCN2107.jpg

DSCN2108.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

DSCN2110.jpg

Invites:

Since I did the boarding pass STDs I just had to do the passport for the invitations.  I thought the idea was genius and the guests would love it.  Here is the link to my passport invitations.

IMAG0094.jpg

Bridesmaids Cards: 

Well I also did a little DIY project to create “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” cards for my girls.  Here is the link

DSCN2056.jpg

Pre-Travel Brochures:

I made 3 fold brochures from Vistaprint.  I have to give all the credit to Jessica (jszy10).  She did hers and I copied about 90% of it so she saved me so much time and energy.

_Taryns-pretravel-brochure-front.JPG

_Taryns-pretravel-brochure-back.JPG

DIY Luggage Tags:

I made the tags using a Word template from here and inserted tropical pictures as the background.  I sent these out with the pre-travel brochures a few weeks before we departed.  I purchased the luggage tags from clearenvelopes.com  (DSCN2744.JPG

DSCN2819.JPG

OOT Bags:

Wow these were fun but time consuming, especially with all the DIY projects I decided to do.

~Bags: I first purchased the small ones from the Dollar Tree but ended up selling them to another bride and buying the personalized ones from OTC ( DSCN2827.JPG

DSCN2853.JPG

~ Welcome tag: Created and purchased from Vistaprint.

~ DIY Room Key Holders: Used a template from this site but added in my own tropical pictures

Here is the template

DSCN2743.JPG

~ Lanyards: From OTC in colors that match my OOT bags (no longer seem to be available on the website – sorry)

~ DIY chapstick: Purchased the chapsticks at the swapmeet.  I started to use one of the templates on here but then I decided I was going to save some money.  I grabbed the shipping labels that we have here (Avery 5163) that no one uses and inserted the Avery template into Word and created my own design.  I printed two to each label and then used a paper cutter to trim them.  Worked great!!

DSCN2742.JPG

~ First Aid Kits:  Purchased them from eBay.  I used the first aid heart image from this board and then inserted them into the Avery 5164 template (another shipping label).  I had to trim the sides slightly but they fit over the first aid kits pretty good.  I received a lot of Band-Aids when I purchased the kits so I put an extra 5 Band-Aids in each one along with antibiotic ointment and hydrocortisone cream (both stolen from my work….ssshhh).

Here is the template

IMAG0279.jpg

DSCN2839.JPG

~ Survival Kits: These were the fun ones.  Just about everything is from either the $.99 store, Dollar Tree, Walmart or the grocery store.  I grabbed one of the templates on here but once again I used shipping labels so I just copy and pasted the images into my Avery 5164 template.  I used a storage Ziploc bag to put everything in and stuck the sticker right on the front. 

DSCN2831.JPG

DSCN2862.JPG

Contents:

• Chapstick
    • Shout Wipes
    • Wet Wipes
    • Wisp
    • Gum
    • Hand Sanitizer
    • Tissues
    • Tylenol / Advil /Aleve
    • Antacid Tablets
    • Crystal Light

~Gummy Flip Flops: Purchased from OTC.  So cute!

DSCN2842.JPG

~ Wedding Week Itinerary: Created in Word and printed on brochure paper.

Here is the template.

DSCN2851.JPG

~ Do Not Disturb tags: Created and purchased from Vistaprint.  Punched two holes at the top and used turquoise ribbon to make the loop.

DSCN2822x.jpg

~Riviera Maya Brochure: Asked my travel agent to get these for me.

DSCN2823x.jpg

DSCN2825x.jpg

DSCN2826x.jpg

~ David & Taryn’s Word Puzzle: Created my own word puzzle using this website

DSCN2856x.jpg

~ “A trip to remember” magnet: Purchased from Vistaprint.

(sorry but none of the pics came out good.

DSCN2860x.jpg

~ Welcome Letter: Used the already created letters that are floating around this site.  Printed on tropical letterhead paper from Vistaprint.

Here is the template.

DSCN2855x.jpg

I believe that’s it for the OOT bags for my guests.

Here are the OOT bags for my bridesmaids

DSCN2847x.jpg

DSCN2848x.jpg

DSCN2849x.jpg

Each girl received a silver wristlet and rhinestone bracelet to use/wear the day of the wedding.  For the wristlets, I purchased brooches online and pinned them on the front of each bag and then I be-dazzled the wrist strap myself.

IMAG0217x.jpg

IMAG0222x.jpg

This leads me into the BMs gifts/dresses.

So in addition to the special OOT bags with the wristlets and bracelets inside…

purchased the girls dresses for them as a present.

Bridesmaids:

Pretty Maids #22424       Fabric:Satin         Color:Mermaid

DSC_0029x.jpg

I also made the special flip flops and matching tank tops to wear on the plane and throughout the week.

IMAG0113x.jpg

(second pair wasn't completed when pic was taken)

DSC_0235.JPG

IMAG0245x.jpg

Groomsmen:

The groomsmen had their pants and ties purchased for them. Pants from Stuido Suits and ties from solidcolorneckties.com

DSC_0018x.jpg

They also received personalized knives while the best man received a personalized clock and pen holder along with a business card holder from Things Remembered.

All the young male attendees received a Team Groom shirt with their nicknames on the back.

DSCN2909.JPG

DSCN2910.JPG

Wedding D©cor:

I brought my own table runners, napkins and chair sashes.  Purchased from weddinglinensdirect.com

Color: TiffanyBlue/Aqua50618

D481.jpg

I brought all the supplies for my own centerpieces as well.

~ Silver Plates – Michael’s

~ Vases – 12pk from the Dollar Tree

~ Acrylic Ice – OTC

~ Turquoise Pebbles – Dollar Tree and Michael’s

~ Submersible LED turquoise lights – 100candles.com -  i-do.jpg

DSC_0208.JPG

Our Honeymoon Spot:

Sun Palace - absolutely beautiful!!  All Palace resorts are amazing and I can’t wait to visit one again.

DSCN3216.JPG

DSCN3219.JPG

Well i believe that is all.  I hope I could help some other brides out.  Let me know if you have any questions.

#2 leigh2011

leigh2011
    • 277 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

Taryn -

Everything looked fantastic.  You did a fantastic job with all of the details and I can only imagine your guests loved it.  Congratulations on being a Mrs!  (I love the picture of David carrying your train...showing some real teamwork there )

#3 Bride2012

Bride2012
      • Banned
      • 442 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Taryn, did hubby like his grooms gift?

#4 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Everything looks amazing! Congrats! :)

Who was your photographer?

#5 yunric

yunric
        • 93 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:05 AM

Taryn!

Absolutely beautiful!  My fiance and I got engaged in the lagoon at aventura spa, and we are getting married at Playacar Palace and honeymooning right after at Sun.

I LOVE our brochure.  Eaxactly what I want to do and I hope you don't mind if I totally copy some of it.

Shoot me a pm if you want to unload some of your decorating items.  They are FANTASTIC!  Looks like you had a blast- Best wishes!!!!!  (great photog!!)

#6 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Thank you!!  What a relief to have it done and up.  Haha I thought that pic was cute too and it shows my adorable shoes!! :)

Originally Posted by leigh2011 

Taryn -

Everything looked fantastic.  You did a fantastic job with all of the details and I can only imagine your guests loved it.  Congratulations on being a Mrs!  (I love the picture of David carrying your train...showing some real teamwork there

Taryn, did hubby like his grooms gift?

Thank you!  My amazing photographers were Melissa and Jonathan from La Luna.  I have no pictures from them yet but I know the ones they took were amazing.

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Everything looks amazing! Congrats! :)

Who was your photographer?

Thank you!  Wow how romantic.  I didn't get to make it to Playacar because it poured the day were were going to go.  Sun Palace is awesome!! 

Please take take take.  I took almost all of it from Jessica so I am not taking credit for it. :)

I definitely have stuff I need to get rid of - just not sure what yet.  We have our AHR in Feb and I think I may be using some of the stuff - but probably not all.  I'll PM you.

Also none of these photos are from my photog.  These were all from guests.  Still trying to wait patiently for La Luna to send something my way.

Originally Posted by yunric 

Taryn!

Absolutely beautiful!  My fiance and I got engaged in the lagoon at aventura spa, and we are getting married at Playacar Palace and honeymooning right after at Sun.

I LOVE our brochure.  Eaxactly what I want to do and I hope you don't mind if I totally copy some of it.

Shoot me a pm if you want to unload some of your decorating items.  They are FANTASTIC!  Looks like you had a blast- Best wishes!!!!!  (great photog!!)

#7 chrisdior

chrisdior
            • 286 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

woowww everything looks great!! thanks for sharing all your templates, look forward to see them once i hit 150!

#8 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
              • 860 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

Taryn, congrats!!!! Everything looks so beautiful, this is a fabulous thread! You look so gorgeous girl!

#9 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thanks my dear!!

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

Taryn, congrats!!!! Everything looks so beautiful, this is a fabulous thread! You look so gorgeous girl!

#10 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
                  • 221 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Everything is GORGEOUS! Did you find your train on your dress to be too long?   I LOVE your dress but don't want the train dragging.  This forum has been a God send!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users