Photo

Bridesmaids dresses~ an Idea

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

I have my swatches in hand right now trying to figure out best way of describing them. I haven't ordered dresses yet, but I'm going to. Best way to describe the material is stretchy, shiney, thin but not too thin that the dress would be see through. Kinda silky feel to them, I'm pretty sure the material would feel great to wear. If you look through the henkaa galleries you'll see lots of women of all sizes wearing them and they all look good, chesty, heavy, thin, chestless. Everyone can wear them you just have to tie it to suit your body!

#22 2bmrstremblay

2bmrstremblay
    • 155 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lizrmt 

I have my swatches in hand right now trying to figure out best way of describing them. I haven't ordered dresses yet, but I'm going to. Best way to describe the material is stretchy, shiney, thin but not too thin that the dress would be see through. Kinda silky feel to them, I'm pretty sure the material would feel great to wear. If you look through the henkaa galleries you'll see lots of women of all sizes wearing them and they all look good, chesty, heavy, thin, chestless. Everyone can wear them you just have to tie it to suit your body!

Love that you got your swatches....about how long after you ordered them did you get them? What colors did you pick out?

#23 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
      • 173 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

I think the swatches came within a couple weeks (it was a while ago that I ordered them... I don't remember for sure) I ordered hot pink, blush pink, peach pink coral, and ivory. Ive decided to get the dresses in hot pink and maybe get the sashes in blush pink!

#24 2bmrstremblay

2bmrstremblay
        • 155 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lizrmt 

I think the swatches came within a couple weeks (it was a while ago that I ordered them... I don't remember for sure) I ordered hot pink, blush pink, peach pink coral, and ivory. Ive decided to get the dresses in hot pink and maybe get the sashes in blush pink!

Nice....now I can't remember which colors i got  but I am glad you got yours and picked. I was leaning towards robins egg blue....but we'll see...

#25 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just went with my sister who tried on the Dessy version of this (they call it the twist wrap dress) - it comes in 3 different lengths (short, long and hi-low).  The fabric was very nice feeling (matte jersey) but we didn't go with it as the short with this brand was still 2-3 inches past the knees and the hi-low was almost too high (a few inches above the knee).  They were definitely high quality feeling and looking though.  At the store we went to they range about $150-170 depending on length.  For an extra $35 bucks you could also buy a bandeau in the matching colour to wear under the wrap part for greater coverage.  Thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else was considering them from Dessy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users