Photo

The shoe dilemma

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Katelyn Carney

Katelyn Carney
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Not sure I posted this in the right place, but I can't figure out where else to post this.

This is my problem--or dilemma, I am getting married in the DR in Oct, I am not very coordinated and can't walk in heels on pavement let alone sand, but I don't want to do barefoot either, so I am trying to figure out what type of shoes to wear.

I have seen some flats but they aren't that nice and my dress is all lace, so I don't want to wear something boring...

Any ideas on where to look for flat sandals that aren't flip flops that I can acutally walk in on the sand!

TY!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

i ended up kicking mine off and going barefoot, but lots of girls also go with wedge shoes.  i am going to move this into an area of the forum where you should be able to find more threads on shoes too!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

I was going to say what Ann said, a lot of girls wore wedges.  I still think it's hard to walk on sand so I went barefoot and I wore a full lace dress as well.  In fact, I love the juxtaposition of the fancy lace with the barefoot look.  Here is a pic that my mom took that I've always liked.

Damn, I'm trying to share the pic, but the kodak website is down and I can't access it right now.  I'll post back when I can.

But my point is that you can do whatever you want.  I truly feel that you have the freedom to do whatever you want in a DW, so your shoes don't have to "match" your dress as long as you like it together and are comfortable.

ETA:  photo

#4 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
        • 166 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Check out Victoria's Secret.com, I get a lot of cute shoes there!

#5 Katelyn Carney

Katelyn Carney
          • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Thanks for all the advice! I have plenty of time to decide on what shoes to wear :) :)

#6 heavenone

heavenone
            • 169 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

I second Lucy! I just bought a few pairs of cute sandals on Victoriassecret.com.

#7 lmadore

lmadore
              • 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Oh another awesome website for shoes, never would have even thought of Victoriasecret

#8 coquine

coquine
                • 236 posts
                • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Found my "beach" shoes on etsy, many sellers have nice bridal flip flops, some with wedge. I read some bride here who even had their own DYI bridal flip flops. I am not that creative so bought mine. I was able to find the perfect height wedge flip flop. I am not very tall so need the heel! I am waiting to get it by mail. 

#9 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

I agree!  Etsy has some beautiful shoes that would look great with your dress!

Originally Posted by coquine 

Found my "beach" shoes on etsy, many sellers have nice bridal flip flops, some with wedge. I read some bride here who even had their own DYI bridal flip flops. I am not that creative so bought mine. I was able to find the perfect height wedge flip flop. I am not very tall so need the heel! I am waiting to get it by mail. 

#10 elainsmith

elainsmith
                • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

I think flipflops or wedges are ok ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users