Jump to content

Photo

November 2012 Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#41 MissNikki

MissNikki
  • Newbie
  • 57 posts

    Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

    Allie -- Your invites sound lovely!!!  I can't wait to see them.  I am currently looking for invites myself, hope to find something soon, I really like what I did fr the BMs but that would take forever to get it den forevery person!! 

     

    Wow 43 that's amazing good show!!! 

     

     

     



    #42 samantha86

    samantha86
    • Newbie
    • 39 posts

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

      hey ladies!

      Just found this chat!! I wassnt sure if its just for mayan brides or not,,but i thought i would join in anyways...

      Im getting married November 6th In Puerta Vallarta Mexico! We are staying at Dreams PV and getting married in a local church down town, Our lady of Guadalupe then , off to a private island  only by boat!  " las Caletas"!! so far 52 people are coming from Canada!!

      Adios for now!!

       



      #43 AllieH

      AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

      Hi Samantha! welcome to the roll call! and congrats on your upcoming wedding. your wedding sound really cool. love the idea of the private island. 

       

      I'm Allie, from Fort Worth, TX and getting married at EDR in Riviera Maya on Nov 5th. WOOHOO! 
       

      Originally Posted by samantha86 

      hey ladies!

      Just found this chat!! I wassnt sure if its just for mayan brides or not,,but i thought i would join in anyways...

      Im getting married November 6th In Puerta Vallarta Mexico! We are staying at Dreams PV and getting married in a local church down town, Our lady of Guadalupe then , off to a private island  only by boat!  " las Caletas"!! so far 52 people are coming from Canada!!

      Adios for now!!

       

       

       


       

      Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

      Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

      El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

      AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


      #44 AllieH

      AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

      My dress shop called - my dress is in!!! It only took 3 months. I'm so surprised! I will go pick it up in a couple of weeks (schedule sucks right now). 

       

      Here's the inspiration for our invitations: 

      IMG_20120201_103923.jpg

       

       

      sorry it's sideways. it's a menu card, but I like the layered look. I am thinking I'll go with a 5x7, and not the scalloped ivory card (it just doesn't come in any other size, and I want a bigger invite). 

       

      these are the papers I'm thinking of, with an ivory card stock on top. not sure if I'm going to go with the orange ribbon or more of a taupe/sand one like the original. 

       

      IMG_20120201_104143.jpg

       

      anyway, plenty of time to think this over. just wanted to share!! 


       

      Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

      Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

      El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

      AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


      #45 MissNikki

      MissNikki
      • Newbie
      • 57 posts

        Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

        Hey Samantha!!!

         

         

        Love your wedding location I was looking at it for my self but fiancĀ© wants the Mayan!!  So that what we are going with lol.  He thinks more of his family will come t the wedding if it's there and I want him to have some family since ALL of my family will be there!!  We are all very close 

         

        So drum roll please I have now set aside November 26 2012 at jade now for our wedding!!!  We have the date set aside as out TA is gone until the 6th and we need to mke sure we can get a flight package!!! 

         

        But I am happy to have finally picked a resort!!  Hope that it stays nice all the brides coming back love it so I'm excited!!   We went with the 26th as out wedding day as its the date we got engaged  :)



        #46 Sandy Planner

        Sandy Planner
        • Newbie
        • 113 posts

          Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

          Hello ladies , please let me know if you need any assistance or any questions about your planning inMexico ....Congratulations you are only 9 months away...



          #47 ScorpioLove12

          ScorpioLove12
          • Newbie
          • 3 posts

            Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

            Hey Ladies!

            I'm planning to be a August 2012 Bride at the Now Sapphire in the Riviera. 

            Me and my Fi are really both excited about the whole "destination" part of the wedding but becoming super discouraged at all the rules that Mexico has in place to lace their pockets.

            Are you planning to have legal ceromonies?  All of the requirements surrounding how many days we have to be there BEFORE the wedding, and the blood test and the translation of documents is a bit much.

            When reading reviews on different sites, no one seems to talk about this part of it.

             

            We're also starting to feel like the Now Sapphire has a bit more $requirements$ than other resorts that do not seem to be built into the wedding packages they offer. 

             

            Can anyone offer any feedback or comparisons for the resorts you are planning to use?

             

            Thanks!

             

            Oh and Allie... Great Dress!  Congrats!

             

             

             



            #48 shan0487

            shan0487
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

            Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

            Hi I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Shanna and I am from St. Louis (well the Illinois side).  We just got our wedding confirmation yesterday!!!! Our date is November, 23, 2012 at Sun Palace in Cancun.  I am so excited!!!! I bought my dress a couple of weeks ago and I love it- it is all lace- very Mexico to me! My save the dates should be arriving today and I can't wait to send those out!!



            #49 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

            Hi Shanna! welcome to the roll call. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I can't wait to see your dress! I coveted lace when I first started looking. good luck with the planning. 
             

            Originally Posted by shan0487 

            Hi I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Shanna and I am from St. Louis (well the Illinois side).  We just got our wedding confirmation yesterday!!!! Our date is November, 23, 2012 at Sun Palace in Cancun.  I am so excited!!!! I bought my dress a couple of weeks ago and I love it- it is all lace- very Mexico to me! My save the dates should be arriving today and I can't wait to send those out!!



             

            Nikki - how are you feeling?? 

             

            YAY for a location and date!! I'm a little envious, as I just loved the hammocks and infinity pool at Now Jade. your wedding will be AMAZING! 
             

            Originally Posted by MissNikki 

             

            So drum roll please I have now set aside November 26 2012 at jade now for our wedding!!!  We have the date set aside as out TA is gone until the 6th and we need to mke sure we can get a flight package!!! 

             

            But I am happy to have finally picked a resort!!  Hope that it stays nice all the brides coming back love it so I'm excited!!   We went with the 26th as out wedding day as its the date we got engaged  :)



             

            Hi there! 

             

            thank you for the compliment on my dress!! 

             

            yeah, the resorts can sure nickel and dime you for stuff. we decided against the legal ceremony in Mexico for a number of reasons - cost, blood tests (ick!), translating documents, etc. it was just a whole lot of work. plus the requirement that we had to be in Mexico 3 business days before the ceremony didn't work for us. we are going to go to the courthouse here to do the legal paperwork - no vows, no rings, etc. just get our license, and go back 3 days later to sign the paperwork (we have a 72 hour waiting period in Texas to get married). 

             

            from what I've read, the Dreams/Secrets resorts have some of the better "freebie" wedding packages. but my impression they've turned into wedding factories - and that wasn't what I wanted for my (our) Big Day. so I went with EDR, and yes, will probably pay a little more for my wedding. I'm ok with that decision. I've also been able to ask for little things and get exceptions along the way from EDR from what their rules "officially" say (menu planning, photographer is one of my guests - no outside vendor fee, we're planning to arrive on friday for a monday wedding). 

             

            now, when it comes to paying $10 to rent a glass vase for the centerpiece...I will probably throw up a little bit. we'll see. 
             

            Originally Posted by ScorpioLove12 

            Hey Ladies!

            I'm planning to be a August 2012 Bride at the Now Sapphire in the Riviera. 

            Me and my Fi are really both excited about the whole "destination" part of the wedding but becoming super discouraged at all the rules that Mexico has in place to lace their pockets.

            Are you planning to have legal ceromonies?  All of the requirements surrounding how many days we have to be there BEFORE the wedding, and the blood test and the translation of documents is a bit much.

            When reading reviews on different sites, no one seems to talk about this part of it.

             

            We're also starting to feel like the Now Sapphire has a bit more $requirements$ than other resorts that do not seem to be built into the wedding packages they offer. 

             

            Can anyone offer any feedback or comparisons for the resorts you are planning to use?

             

            Thanks!

             

            Oh and Allie... Great Dress!  Congrats!

             

             

             



             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


            #50 MissNikki

            MissNikki
            • Newbie
            • 57 posts

              Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

              Scorpiolove 12

               

              I am in the same boat as you!!  I  was also looking at  getting legally married in Mexico but now I feel that it is more work the what it's worth!!  I am loving that you are getting married at Now Sapphire!!!  I loved that beach area for a wedding with the deck for reception but we did not want a sand on the beach ceremony so we are looking like we are going with now jade.  I'm still not sold.

               

               

              Shanna

               

              I Am so jealous that you are getting married at the palace resorts !!!!!!!   I was in love with aventura cove palace but the cost is just to steep for some of the guest and we think that wedding is about family so we are looking for a cheaper resort!!!  We Have a date set aside at jade now ...  

               

               

              Am I the only bride that feels like Im settling ?????  I feel like I can't have what I want :( 

               

              Any ways I'm off to eat a cupcake to make me feel better lol. It's exciting because I can finally eat again!!! 

               

              Ps Allie 

              Love the colors of your invites the remind me of the ocean !!!!  






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users