Jump to content

Photo

November 2012 Brides?


  • Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#261 jjurkovich

jjurkovich
  • Newbie
  • 46 posts

    Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

    I'm like 7 weeks out and that seems pretty close to what my list it too - ahhhhh! Seems like so much in such a short amount of time!

     

    Are any of you doing a gift for the groom the day of the wedding?



    #262 indie2011

    indie2011
    • Newbie
    • 30 posts

      Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

      Thanks for the responses guys!! I'll definitely check out your suggestions. I was able to get a great price for myself and my FI but a lot of my my guests are pulling out because of airfare. I've become somewhat of a personal travel agent. 

       

      Thanks again!! 



      #263 indie2011

      indie2011
      • Newbie
      • 30 posts

        Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

        Hey ladies...I'm still trying to find my first dance and father-daughter dance song. Have you all made your final decisions yet?



        #264 shan0487

        shan0487
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

        Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

        I'm dreading picking the music- there are too many good songs to pick from!

        Originally Posted by indie2011 

        Hey ladies...I'm still trying to find my first dance and father-daughter dance song. Have you all made your final decisions yet?



        #265 bambaleo

        bambaleo
        • Newbie
        • 68 posts

          Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

          We picked our first dance song a while back but I haven't picked a father -daughter song yet.... my mom had a good idea for it so that's a start....anyone have a step dad and is trying to honor both in the father-daughter dance?? I'm very close with my step-dad, so I was thinking of dancing the first half with my dad-dad and second half with step-dad. Thoughts?



          #266 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

          Bambaleo - I think you can totally split the father-daughter dance and respect both of them if you wanted to. Or you can do separate songs. whatever works best for you/your family!

           

          Originally Posted by bambaleo 

          We picked our first dance song a while back but I haven't picked a father -daughter song yet.... my mom had a good idea for it so that's a start....anyone have a step dad and is trying to honor both in the father-daughter dance?? I'm very close with my step-dad, so I was thinking of dancing the first half with my dad-dad and second half with step-dad. Thoughts?

           

          Our first dance song is "I won't give up" by Jason Mraz, it's fitting for us I think. I also love "At Last" by Etta James, that was a close 2nd choice, and we may play it later. We also considered "Your Song" by Elton John, but my FI vetoed that one.

           

          I'm still not sure we're doing father/daughter or mother/son dances - my FI doesn't really want to do the mother/son dance. His mom would feel slighted if I dance with my dad, but she doesn't dance with him. We'll see what happens. If we do these, my dance with my dad would be "Luckenbach, Texas" by Waylon Jennings. In no way is it "wedding appropriate", but it's the song I remember singing as a very young child with my dad (like 3 years old).

           

          Is there a song that always makes you think of your dad when you hear it?

          Originally Posted by indie2011 

          Hey ladies...I'm still trying to find my first dance and father-daughter dance song. Have you all made your final decisions yet?


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #267 jjurkovich

          jjurkovich
          • Newbie
          • 46 posts

            Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

            Does anyone who had their wedding at Aventura Spa have advise on what to do for hair/make-up?  I see a of of pics with everyone getting make-up done in their room, were these vendors that were brought in?  We will have a ton of resort credit - did anyone have their hair/make-up done at the spa?



            #268 Adesir8

            Adesir8
            • Site Supporter
            • 108 posts

              Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

              LADIES!!!!! mini freak out moment!!! we're all under 2 months left! I totally can't breathe right now! so behind on everything! originally when we set the date for the wedding, we planned it to be at a slower period during work, after all my shows are over.  of course they changed the date of one of the shows, and now the wedding is smack-dab in the middle.

               

              ok freak out over. time to tackle this list!



              #269 shan0487

              shan0487
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

              Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

              Not me- my 2 months isn't until Sunday!!

               

              I had a mini freak out moment a few days ago after my first bridal shower- like holy crap I'm almost at the 2 month mark and I have a list of things I still need to do- plus we are closing on our house on Oct 12, so the whole month of Oct will be consumed with moving and house stuff...ahhhh!!! Crazy life! lol.

              Originally Posted by Adesir8 

              LADIES!!!!! mini freak out moment!!! we're all under 2 months left! I totally can't breathe right now! so behind on everything! originally when we set the date for the wedding, we planned it to be at a slower period during work, after all my shows are over.  of course they changed the date of one of the shows, and now the wedding is smack-dab in the middle.

               

              ok freak out over. time to tackle this list!



              #270 Adesir8

              Adesir8
              • Site Supporter
              • 108 posts

                Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

                Originally Posted by shan0487 

                Not me- my 2 months isn't until Sunday!!

                way to rub it in shan0487!!!! lol






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users