423 replies to this topic

#231 shan0487

shan0487
  • 1,393 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

Awesome- we're checking out Men's Warehouse cause they are having a sale too- but if we don't find anything we will be sure to check out JoS A Bank!! Thanks!

#232 Adesir8

Adesir8
  • Site Supporter
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Got my invites printed last weekend- now it's a wedding invite assembly party this weekend! and get the hubby to be's suit this weekend! :)   Someone bought the first thing off our registry last weekend too!! I got really excited about that- haha! My first shower is 2 weeks from Sunday!

go you! getting things done!

#233 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

thanks girl!! Anything new with you?!

Originally Posted by Adesir8 

go you! getting things done!

#234 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I agree - not tacky at all!! You do what feels right and works for you.

Originally Posted by McLecker 

Ahh gotcha. Fair enough. We are up to 60 people booked now (double what we expected) so there is no budget for invites. Hope the older guests aren't offended..... I don't want to be tacky  but I do need to feed them when they get there... :)

YAY!!!! I don't think we've had anything purchased from our registry. And my friend who talked about throwing a shower for me seems to have flaked out. Frankly, I don't feel like bringing it up again anyway - it is what it is.

Got my invites printed last weekend- now it's a wedding invite assembly party this weekend! and get the hubby to be's suit this weekend! :)   Someone bought the first thing off our registry last weekend too!! I got really excited about that- haha! My first shower is 2 weeks from Sunday!

Pshaw..you have your dresses, that's what's important!!! 

You must be so excited. My FI is still without his suit but i have my two dresses.

I'm hoping to get back into the wedding DIY crap this weekend, but I really have wedding-planning fatigue. I'm almost over it all at this point lol

Meanwhile my FI is getting all hardcore about planning the music for the reception. We had a 30 minute conversation about various apps for DJ music, types of music he wanted to include, blah blah blah. And by "we had" I mean he went on and on for 30 minutes while I nodded and tried to feign interest! boys...they are funny.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#235 Adesir8

Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

thanks girl!! Anything new with you?!

yup! invites out. and i absolutely LOVE them. we did the boardng pass invites and received so many compliments.  My cousin actually made them for me, and she is amazing! Better than I expected. Bought our flight tickets to the DR (finally) a couple of days ago...only $298. I couldn't believe I found them so low. I've never paid that little to go to the DR. what else. waiting on folks to finish booking, as they only have 1 week before final payments are due for the hotel.  AND I almost forgot...got a call today that my dress has arrived at the store! time for a fitting!!

#236 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Look at you go! I'm making boarding pass invites as well!! Post pics! I want to see yours!!!! :)

$298?!?! That is amazing!!!! I'm so jealous!! Since we are traveling thanksgiving week (getting married on Black Friday, lol) our direct flight to Cancun is $600!!! ugh!!! Our final payments for both are due Oct 5th..so we still have time!

Yay for dress being in!! I need to take my dress to my fiance's grandma's house as she is altering my dress for me!

Originally Posted by Adesir8 

yup! invites out. and i absolutely LOVE them. we did the boardng pass invites and received so many compliments.  My cousin actually made them for me, and she is amazing! Better than I expected. Bought our flight tickets to the DR (finally) a couple of days ago...only $298. I couldn't believe I found them so low. I've never paid that little to go to the DR. what else. waiting on folks to finish booking, as they only have 1 week before final payments are due for the hotel.  AND I almost forgot...got a call today that my dress has arrived at the store! time for a fitting!!

#237 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
      • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Shan-

We are going to be right near each other. We are getting married 11-21 in Playa del carmen. Flying into Cancun as well so I hear you on the ticket prices...ouch!

How's planning going?

#238 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

How fun!! Ya the ticket prices suck!! But with so many of our friends as teachers, my mom is a teacher's aide and my sister and my fiance's brother are in college- we didn't really have any other options- Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

It's going well- I try and check a couple things off my list every week/weekend.  I am super busy though right now- we are in the midst of buying a house and one of my best friends is getting married Sept 22nd, so we have her bachelorette party next weekend.  It's a little overwhelming, but it's all fun and will be worth it!! I won't know what to do with myself after Nov, I'll be so bored, haha.

How's planning for you?

Originally Posted by FranksJewel 

Shan-

We are going to be right near each other. We are getting married 11-21 in Playa del carmen. Flying into Cancun as well so I hear you on the ticket prices...ouch!

How's planning going?

#239 jjurkovich

jjurkovich
        • 46 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hi Ladies,

I wish I had found this sooner!  I'm getting married at Aventura Spa Palace on November 11th, 2012.  I would love to hear how your planning is going!

#240 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

congrats and welcome to the roll call!!! 

my planning is pretty much on track - just some minor things left to take care of, and I'm right at 2 months to go. 

Originally Posted by jjurkovich 

Hi Ladies,

I wish I had found this sooner!  I'm getting married at Aventura Spa Palace on November 11th, 2012.  I would love to hear how your planning is going!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users