Photo

November 2012 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#191 McLecker

McLecker
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi Essandpea. Thanks for the welcome. Great connections on this thread. Good perspective on the friends. Totally agree and just need that reminder every once and a while hwne $$ becomes stressful!!! And thanks for the info on your oot bags. HAVE to get started on those :P

#192 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Wow, you ladies are lucky that you have so many people coming!  I just found out this weekend that my fiance's aunt and uncle have decided to go, which puts us at 42- and the venue we want the cocktail hour holds 40 people, so I'm hoping they won't be that picky on it.. I mean that 42 people includes me and my fiance, and we will probably miss half of the cocktail hour anyways..  I just think it's crazy that people have known about it for months and then last minute decide they want to come...I'm too much of a planner to EVER do anything like that!!

We started registering this weekend, it was fun!!! :)

#193 Adesir8

Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by McLecker 

Anybody having the problem where they have TOO MANY people coming?? I just had 5 more people say they want to come.... we are already at 54 people for one week in Cabo.... and now we will be almost at 60 if I say yes. we are SO over budget...... what do we do? tell them no?? ...stressing.....

that's so frustrating! its like make up your mind already!!!! We're faced with folks NOT booking, but still saying they're coming. I can't officially get a count until these folks book their travel. and who knows when they'll do it!

#194 bambaleo

bambaleo
      • 68 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Our RSVP was in June and I still have about 20 people that haven't responded....with about 100 coming!!! I know it's stressful, but think of it this way.... it's more people that are making a big effort to celebrate your special day with you so yes it's unexpected, but hopefully in the end it'll be all that more exciting and memorable!!

What bothers me most is when people don't even respond saying, hey, I can't decide until such and such date because of some other obligations...I think it's a common courtesy, but apparently a lot of people think RSVP dates are a random number. I even sent out a cute email reminding people to respond and only got 2 responses to that (if anyone wants to use the template let me know and I'll find it for you).

#195 Adesir8

Adesir8
        • Site Supporter
        • 108 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

ha! exactly! it's like they think we pull the date right out of the air. uhhh cmon folks! just let me know either way

Originally Posted by bambaleo 

What bothers me most is when people don't even respond saying, hey, I can't decide until such and such date because of some other obligations...I think it's a common courtesy, but apparently a lot of people think RSVP dates are a random number.

#196 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

Oh ya I sent out a cute RSVP to everyone I hadn't heard from in March via email and only about half of those people responded...I figured if you cannot respond to me, you are not coming and I am not sending you an invitation even though I sent you a Save the Date...save myself the $ and time! Some people are just so rude and think it's no big deal...just wait til their wedding comes around, I will wait til the day the RSVP's are due to respond.  I'm mean, I know, haha.

#197 TerraDawn

TerraDawn
          • 85 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I know there are a couple others out there - where are ya?? 

We haven't picked the exact date yet, thinking the 9th or 10th. Waiting until airfare comes out so we can price AI packages (including air), confirm available dates and pick the actual Big Day. 

Still focused on Rivera Maya. Have the dress, working on the accessories. Have the STD designed, need the resort & text to put into it too. 

Where is everyone else with the planning? 

Oooo...the Riviera Maya is amazing!!  I was working with a bride at the Hacienda Tres Rios there last year.  Bar none...best resort I've ever been to.  You don't have to fight for beach/tanning time.  The sun sets on right where your photographer will need to (don't judge...IT'S IMPORTANT!!).  The staff, literally, bends over backwards to make sure you have everything you need.  

Biggest plus?  The resort let my couple bring in ANY outside vendors they needed.  They had me, the dj, the florist, a mariachi band, fire thrower people....the WORKS!!!  P.S....I am STILL craving the Mexican restaurant they have there.  :)  

Anyways...if you haven't picked a venue yet...definitely look into that one!!! 

#198 laurenscott

laurenscott
            • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey There Ladies,

I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos on November 3, 2012.  I am so excited!  We are pretty much down to the details (floral arrangements, table settings, decorations, etc) of the planning stages.  I have my dress picked out and have a fitting coming up in the next couple of weeks.  The colors I have chosen are pinks, greens and whites.  My bridesmaids are wearing a beautiful silk chiffon fuscia colored dress and the groomsmen will be in black suits with pink splash ties.  We are getting married at the gazebo which overlooks the beach.  It is absolutely beautiful!  I thought about getting married on the beach also because it looked so romantic but I didn't want to deal with high heels, sand and wind. 

We are having the reception at the Cascade Terrace which is also a really nice outdoor set-up.  As of now, we have 39 RSVP's to our wedding.  It's turning out that a lot more guests are coming that we originally thought.  My motto is The More the Merrier!  I cannot wait to marry the man of my dreams in Cabo.  If you girls have any questions about planning and what not please feel free to ask.  Something that helped me at first was to select all of the vendors (photographer, DJ, florist, make-up artist).  I paid the security deposits for these vendors so that I would not have to worry about them not being available on my wedding day.  Sounds like the planning is going well for you girls as well.  Good Luck!  So far it's been a great experience.

-Lauren

#199 Corina

Corina
              • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Laurenscott!

I am getting married at the Gazebo and our reception is at the Cascade Terrace as well!  I fly in Nov.4th (was the 3rd but the airline changed it several times on us) and getting married on Tuesday the 6th!  My colours are beige and blue teal (my MOH will be wearing 'pool' colour from David's Bridal). I am shocked about the prices of the decorations!  What are you doing for decorations during the ceremony?  I asked my planner and I wanted two small boquets  right at the gazebo and the cost is $300 for two. yikes.

Would love your assistance on decorations that you will be having as it looks like I'll be bringing a lot of stuff with us.

Help?

Corina

#200 McLecker

McLecker
                • 194 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by laurenscott 

Hey There Ladies,

I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos on November 3, 2012.  I am so excited!  We are pretty much down to the details (floral arrangements, table settings, decorations, etc) of the planning stages.  I have my dress picked out and have a fitting coming up in the next couple of weeks.  The colors I have chosen are pinks, greens and whites.  My bridesmaids are wearing a beautiful silk chiffon fuscia colored dress and the groomsmen will be in black suits with pink splash ties.  We are getting married at the gazebo which overlooks the beach.  It is absolutely beautiful!  I thought about getting married on the beach also because it looked so romantic but I didn't want to deal with high heels, sand and wind. 

We are having the reception at the Cascade Terrace which is also a really nice outdoor set-up.  As of now, we have 39 RSVP's to our wedding.  It's turning out that a lot more guests are coming that we originally thought.  My motto is The More the Merrier!  I cannot wait to marry the man of my dreams in Cabo.  If you girls have any questions about planning and what not please feel free to ask.  Something that helped me at first was to select all of the vendors (photographer, DJ, florist, make-up artist).  I paid the security deposits for these vendors so that I would not have to worry about them not being available on my wedding day.  Sounds like the planning is going well for you girls as well.  Good Luck!  So far it's been a great experience.

-Lauren

Hey Lauren,

I am getting married on Nov 20th so just a bit after you!! You are way ahead of me in planning tho! Who is doing your hair and make-up? Dreams or Neysa or that other person that everyone talks about on here. And DJ? Who did you decide on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users