November 2012 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#161 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi Everyone-

I am new to the site...and just found you all. We are getting married November 2012 as well in Playa del Carmen.

Hoping to meet new friends and get some great ideas.

#162 Adesir8

Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by FranksJewel 

Hi Everyone-

I am new to the site...and just found you all. We are getting married November 2012 as well in Playa del Carmen.

WELCOME!!! you're going to have a blast...and get soooo many good ideas!! get ready to be addicted! 

#163 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

are you doing a dinner where you have to have everyone's entree choices ahead of time? If not, then I don't know that I'd bother with it. that's the only reason I'm doing place cards. the table numbers are more because we have to be sure his mother and his father (if his father goes) are separated lol but I think we'll be putting all of the place cards/table assignments on one table and let everyone come pick them up. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Look at you girls goo!! I went camping over the weekend, so I got nothing accomplished! Haha. 

I still haven't decided if I'm doing table numbers and place settings....with only 40 people, I don't know if it's needed.  Seems like extra work I won't want to end up doing, haha.

welcome to the group and the site!!! it's super helpful - especially the resort-specific threads. how's your planning going? 

Originally Posted by FranksJewel 

Hi Everyone-

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#164 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Nope, we are doing a buffet style dinner.  That's what I was thinking- it's not really necessary- we don't have people that CANNOT sit next to each other and by the wedding everyone will have been there for at least 2 days, so you would hope that they can figure out 6 or 8 other people to sit next to, lol.

Originally Posted by AllieH 

are you doing a dinner where you have to have everyone's entree choices ahead of time? If not, then I don't know that I'd bother with it. that's the only reason I'm doing place cards. the table numbers are more because we have to be sure his mother and his father (if his father goes) are separated lol but I think we'll be putting all of the place cards/table assignments on one table and let everyone come pick them up. 

welcome to the group and the site!!! it's super helpful - especially the resort-specific threads. how's your planning going? 

#165 essandpea

essandpea
      • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

We're doing a buffet-style dinner, too, and I *really* wanted to avoid doing a seating chart and placecards. But since we're having 150 guests, our coordinator highly recommends one, so that people find their seats quickly. I think she might be right.

Welcome, FranksJewel!

#166 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

Sadly enough, she is probably right- 150 people is probably too many to have a free for all, lol.  I only have 40 people- 14 of which are in the wedding party so the rest will have 4 tables to choose from- first come first serve, lol.

#167 essandpea

essandpea
        • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

I know, I know... sigh :-). With 3+ months to go, I'm definitely looking for ways to make things easier for myself! But making things easier for 150 guests should probably be the priority ;-).

#168 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Have you seen any of the templates you can use to assign seating?? Those might be helpful. 

Here is one I saw: 

http://www.bridetodo...art-creator.php

Originally Posted by essandpea 

I know, I know... sigh :-). With 3+ months to go, I'm definitely looking for ways to make things easier for myself! But making things easier for 150 guests should probably be the priority ;-).

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#169 essandpea

essandpea
          • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yes, templates are really helpful. I think the hard part is the sometimes "political" decisionmaking while assigning the seats :-). Thanks for sharing the link!

#170 FranksJewel

FranksJewel
            • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

So what is everyone's grooms wearing? Where did you get it???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users