November 2012 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#151 Adesir8

Adesir8
  • Site Supporter
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

TIME IS DEFINITELY FLYING! it's like hitting me everyday! 

invites are almost done. LOVE them! just ordered my fans from Oriental Trading, which were out of stock for so long!!! so happy about that. slowling getting things done. 

too bad about the AC....just like us! i'm out of town for work, and I get a call from my FI saying that the lady above us left her water running all day, which burst a pipe and overflowed into our bedroom and bath. not the greatest feeling. but not letting anything stress me out! have positive thoughts about my shower that my mom and sis are throwing me in mia. I am so excited about that!!!! 

#152 essandpea

essandpea
    • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

loving the positive energy flowing out of here... i need to come up with a better response (than the truth - i'm stressed!) to "so how's the wedding planning going?"!!

invites are at the printer - hooray!

where are you all in the decor phase of things? our venue and decor folks haven't worked out how to best configure tables and chairs for dinner/reception, so we haven't done a thing for table decor, flowers, menus, namecards, etc. am i really behind?

#153 Adesir8

Adesir8
      • Site Supporter
      • 108 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by essandpea 
        where are you all in the decor phase of things? our venue and decor folks haven't worked out how to best configure tables and chairs for dinner/reception, so we haven't done a thing for table decor, flowers, menus, namecards, etc. am i really behind?

i haven't done a thing with decor yet...so nope you're not behind (or i'm just behind too!!! lol)

#154 essandpea

essandpea
        • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

either way, phew! it's nice to be not alone :-)

#155 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

y'all crack me up!! 

I'm waiting for our RSVPs to come back, and final payments to be made before I make place cards. We have to put the entree selection on them, so I need to know what the guests want to eat! 

As far as deco, I have paper lanterns to hang from the reception/dinner location, some glitter (wood) shells to throw on the tables, table runners, and a bunch of shells/starfish too. I'm trying to get an idea from EDR if they have either a bowl or tall vase that we can put some sand, shells and a votive in for the tables. Something like this: 

i haven't done a thing with decor yet...so nope you're not behind (or i'm just behind too!!! lol)

Originally Posted by essandpea 

either way, phew! it's nice to be not alone :-)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#156 Adesir8

Adesir8
          • Site Supporter
          • 108 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

jeez AllieH! you're way ahead of us!!!! do you want to do mine??? lol

Originally Posted by AllieH 

y'all crack me up!! 

I'm waiting for our RSVPs to come back, and final payments to be made before I make place cards. We have to put the entree selection on them, so I need to know what the guests want to eat! 

As far as deco, I have paper lanterns to hang from the reception/dinner location, some glitter (wood) shells to throw on the tables, table runners, and a bunch of shells/starfish too. I'm trying to get an idea from EDR if they have either a bowl or tall vase that we can put some sand, shells and a votive in for the tables. Something like this: 

I haven't done table numbers yet - I asked my FI to find photos he wanted to use for them and he hasn't done that yet (boys!!). 

I haven't made the aisle markers, but have the materials. I'm doing the smaller paper lanterns with ribbon, maybe a starfish. I have to play around with them to see what I like. 

My menus have been designs, but not printed. I need to finalize the ceremony/programs so I can get them printed at the same time. 

Let's see...my "To Do" list also includes the OOT bags - have most of the stuff, but won't put them together until I get a near-final # of guests. Same with the "ceremony pack" - programs, fans and tears of joy packet with a ribbon/tag. I need to make the DIY LED "throwies" for the lanterns too. I also need to make a tag for the favors (still waiting for those to come in - hopefully next week). 

Then lastly I need to write a welcome letter for everyone to drop in their bags. 

whew.... 

#157 AllieH

AllieH
            • 2,014 posts
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

well sure - what do you need help with? If I have the supplies in my craft room, I'm game. 

jeez AllieH! you're way ahead of us!!!! do you want to do mine??? lol

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#158 essandpea

essandpea
            • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Wowie!! You are on top of things, AllieH! What is your RSVP deadline? Ours is 9/24, two months before. Hope that leaves enough time to do all of this!! What are you giving out as favors (sorry if I missed this discussed already!)? The only thing we've thought of is to ask our floral designer to make the ceremony flowers reusable as reception decor. Crossing my fingers that turns out okay.

#159 AllieH

AllieH
              • 2,014 posts
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm OCD remember? lol if I've got my lists, I feel more in control of stuff. 

Our RSVP deadline is Sept 1st. Technically the entree list is due to the resort mid-September, so they can do a final cost 45 days out from our date. I wanted to have time to chase down the non-responders. But final payment is due Aug 17th to our TA (for our guests), so this timing worked all the way around. 

I'm doing sand dollar ornaments as the favors. It will have our names & wedding date on the back. Personalized they were $3 each. 

Wowie!! You are on top of things, AllieH! What is your RSVP deadline? Ours is 9/24, two months before. Hope that leaves enough time to do all of this!! What are you giving out as favors (sorry if I missed this discussed already!)?
              The only thing we've thought of is to ask our floral designer to make the ceremony flowers reusable as reception decor. Crossing my fingers that turns out okay.

#160 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Look at you girls goo!! I went camping over the weekend, so I got nothing accomplished! Haha. 

I still haven't decided if I'm doing table numbers and place settings....with only 40 people, I don't know if it's needed.  Seems like extra work I won't want to end up doing, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users