Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AllieH

November 2012 Brides?

Recommended Posts

I'm only 18 days away from the big day, and can you believe I STILL have a handful of people telling me, "Oh...we're still looking at flights...blah blah blah".  I mean, really?!  I am done, done, and DONE with planning.  There's no way I'm going to pay out just for those last minute maybe's or put together items for extra OOT bags, favors, NADA.  I think they just feel bad b/c they're not going and can't just say it?  I wish they would just get over it, because I sure am over it at this point.  LOL.  But...Now that all the planning stuff has died down and I only have a handful of things to finish - getting the last few items for OOT bags that I can pickup at drugstores - easy stuff, print out welcome letter, menus, etc - all Staples/Kinko jobs...I'm EXCITED!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh no, his dad decided at the last minute that he CAN go. but my FI's grandparents had to buy the plane ticket for him. a grown man can't even plan and save to get to his only son's wedding without help. completely useless!!! someone grant me serenity to be polite to this man, because I will be tempted to tell him off...

 

we had 1 other person cancel last minute, and we'd already paid for that meal. so we'll just substitute his father's meal for the drop out's. still leaves 2 people undecided...

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

His own father is bailing last minute?!? That's absurd! I'm sorry!!

 

That's a good mindset- that's how I feel about everyone that isn't coming- I invited you- it was your choice not to come, so too bad so sad!

 

amen. amen and amen!!! your day is coming up fast too! 

Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

I'm only 18 days away from the big day, and can you believe I STILL have a handful of people telling me, "Oh...we're still looking at flights...blah blah blah".  I mean, really?!  I am done, done, and DONE with planning.  There's no way I'm going to pay out just for those last minute maybe's or put together items for extra OOT bags, favors, NADA.  I think they just feel bad b/c they're not going and can't just say it?  I wish they would just get over it, because I sure am over it at this point.  LOL.  But...Now that all the planning stuff has died down and I only have a handful of things to finish - getting the last few items for OOT bags that I can pickup at drugstores - easy stuff, print out welcome letter, menus, etc - all Staples/Kinko jobs...I'm EXCITED!!!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, whoops- well I don't know which one is worse! I hope you can stay away from his father for the majority of the trip!!

 

ONE MONTH UNTIL MY BIG DAY!! A lil freaked out!! This weekend is my last shower and the next two weekends are operation wedding mode.  lol. 

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

oh no, his dad decided at the last minute that he CAN go. but my FI's grandparents had to buy the plane ticket for him. a grown man can't even plan and save to get to his only son's wedding without help. completely useless!!! someone grant me serenity to be polite to this man, because I will be tempted to tell him off...

 

we had 1 other person cancel last minute, and we'd already paid for that meal. so we'll just substitute his father's meal for the drop out's. still leaves 2 people undecided...

 

amen. amen and amen!!! your day is coming up fast too! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

 

I'm only 18 days away from the big day, and can you believe I STILL have a handful of people telling me, "Oh...we're still looking at flights...blah blah blah".  I mean, really?!  I am done, done, and DONE with planning.  There's no way I'm going to pay out just for those last minute maybe's or put together items for extra OOT bags, favors, NADA.  I think they just feel bad b/c they're not going and can't just say it?  I wish they would just get over it, because I sure am over it at this point.  LOL.  But...Now that all the planning stuff has died down and I only have a handful of things to finish - getting the last few items for OOT bags that I can pickup at drugstores - easy stuff, print out welcome letter, menus, etc - all Staples/Kinko jobs...I'm EXCITED!!!  

that's EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I'm sooooo glad all of you are in the same boat!  My Fiance's parents booked their tickets yesterday...we leave in 15 days!!!! HELLO!  Also one of his groomsmen isn't coming....well we don't think he is, but he hasn't even officially told us either way!  It's ridiculous!  Ah, it makes me feel better it's not just my peeps....but can't they understand we have to plan and stuff...grrrrrrr!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so ridiculous!!! This forum is definetely the number one suggestion for brides...no one understands what we're going through unless they've done it themselves. It's so frustrating when people don't understand that they were chosen to attend the wedding...made the commitment to come... and don't follow through on requests, no matter how big or small. You'd think a destination wedding makes some aspects of planning easier....like...no last minute changes in attendance, but NO even over a holiday weekend people are still deciding!!

 

Something to keep us all "afloat" is that in the end, it will all be amazing and everyone is there to celebrate our special day with us and these stupid road bumps will be a funny story that we look back and laugh about!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bambaleo View Post

 

Something to keep us all "afloat" is that in the end, it will all be amazing and everyone is there to celebrate our special day with us and these stupid road bumps will be a funny story that we look back and laugh about!!

 

As a past destination wedding bride, I can truly relate to that. But indeed, every single thing will all be worth it. Just the thought of being with the people you love celebrate your union and marking the beginning of a happily ever after with your groom is something to cherish on!  

 

XOXO

 

Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously?!? I am so jealous! I still have a list of 20 things I need to do!!! ahhh!!! 30 days from today I will be married.  So much to do!!!

Originally Posted by kellykanester View Post

one month till we leave woot.gif

 

And all my planning is done, just gotta board that plane !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW that is really amazing!!! Same here... the to-do list is knee deep... and really depends on the WC getting back to me, its been over a week! What's annoying is that it's simple questions that have a domino effect on other decisions that I just want to be done with!

 

Does anyone have to have menu table cards for each of their guests? Like a card that says what that person is having? I'm kinda confused with this concept, I've never heard of this before, when the guests order their dinner choice in advance, don't the waiters just bring the food around and ask who got what? Maybe this eliminates the asking part, but I feel like people will move that card somewhere or put it away and the waiters will have to ask anyway, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×