Any June 2012 Brides for the RIU Palace?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there Mrs. Cantatore,

I just finished a wedding with about 100 guests at that property. I wasn't getting married, I'm a TA but we do more then just the travel, we actually help with the wedding as well so I have learned a lot. If you have any specific questions, fire them my way I may know the answer.

One thing that came up right away, this property does not accept US Dollars, but they will bill you in US dollars. Weird, but true!

Another thing, the Jacuzzi suites are very limited so if your guests are looking for the higher room categories they need to book them early!

Ginger Blum

Manager

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

I'm getting married at the Riu Palace on June 8, 2012 and I know they have rules regarding not speaking with you until 2 months before however prior to confirming the date when speaking with the Riu Palace staff they were prompt in answering your question, and also assuring you what ever you may need if they didn;t have they would assist you in getting. I want Chavari chairs because I don't like chair covers and I found a company that will rent them in cabo along with table lines in a variety of colors not offered by the Riu Palace. I was told I had to use someone on there approved vendor list, I asked for the list and I have not recieved the list as of today 01/11/2012. I have been working with the florist they use via e-mail and she is very nice. I am a planner and I like to be very organized and I feel so unorganized. Does anyone have te updated menu for 2012, if so can you please forward to me at ros9564@aol.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wedding is scheduled for June 30th 2012 at 6pm at the RIU Palace - Cabo. I've been trying to reach the hotel to get information on my wedding but I never get a response. I reached out to my wedding coordinator Sakura Ono as well as the general email for weddings at mice@riu.com. My original email went out on January 17th 2012 which never received a response. I've followed up 6 times and have heard NOTHING back. Iâ€ve called several times and have not heard a peep. For all I know, my wedding date may not even be happening!!!! I need confirmation or someone to ease a very worried, upset and disappointed bride before I go into full on bridezilla mode. I am very disappointed at the level of customer service Iâ€ve received. I should not be ignored especially given the amount of money we are about to spend at the hotel for our special day with over 60 confirmed guests.

I understand most planning is not done/coordinated with the bride until 2 months out from date but there are some basic questions that need answers, especially when it comes to budgeting. I have no idea what my options are such as wedding cake, location on site for ceremony and receptions, can we have a DJ, mariachi, flowers, decorations, food. I want to arrange a welcome party the day before – is that even possible? These are things I would like to know and plan and prepare my guest with. I feel like Iâ€m completely in the dark and its starting to freak me out. As a planner I need to know what type of costs we need to prepare for as we have a budget we'd like to stick with. I feel like Iâ€m going into my wedding day blind which is disappointing because I wish I knew what to expect. Planning a wedding virtually and not seeing, meeting, planning or talking to anyone about anything makes me feel unimportant and unprepared. I have over 60 guests confirmed (more that will be confirming this month) at the hotel and a lot of questions being asked by my guest that I am not able to answer and I feel silly. Shouldn't I know or have some sort of idea what my bouquet will look like or what the flavor of my cake will be or how about the songs we want to hear at our wedding...I have NO idea how this is arranged. I have a vision of what i want my wedding to look like at the reception and I have NO clue if i can have that. I understand, I may not be able to get everything I want on my wish list through the hotel therefore i need to know what my options are so I can start planning, ordering supplies and coordinating anything that the hotel cant accommodate regarding decorations (i.e. center pieces, candles, etc).

1. can you tell me what flowers are in season so I can start thinking
about my options.
1a. I would like to start thinking about my table flowers, bridesmaid
bouquet, groomsmen flowers, etc.
2. Are there wedding cake options i get to pick from? What flavor do I get?
3. We will want a DJ for our wedding. Can we send him a list of our songs?
4. During our ceremony, we would like to arrange music to be play for
when the bridesmaids and bride walk down the aisle and when the bride
and groom finish their vows. Is this possible?

HI  JEN AVILA

I'M GETTING MARRIED ON JUNE 8TH AT THE RIU PALACE AND I JUST RETURNED FROM A SCOUTING TRIP TO LOS CABOS AND STAYED AT THE PALACE AND MET EITH THE COODINATOR. THE NAME OF THE FLORIST  THE RIU USES IS EMPORIO LOS CABOS, I MET WITH THEM AND THERE WORK IS VERY BEAUTIFUL AND I EMAILED THEM PICTURES OF WHAT I WANTED FOR MY BRIDESMAIDS AND BRIDAL BOUQUETS AND TABLE CENTEPIECES. I HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO TASTE CAKE AND THE CAKE WAS OK I JUST DON'T LIKE WHIPPED CREAM ICING AND THEY ARE CHECKING INTO BUTTER CREAM ICING FOR ME IF NOT I HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN. I AMD EXPECTING 60 PLUS GUEST AND I WANTED TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING WAS PLANNED FOR. IF YOU ARE HAVING A PRIVATE RECEPTION YOU CAN OPT TO USE THE SEMI PRIVATE RECEPTION THAT COMES WITH YOUR WEDDING PACKAGE FOR YOUR RECEPTION. WE CHOOSE THE SAN JUAN GAZEBO FOR THE WEDDING LOCATION AND THE BAJA NORTE FOR THE RECEPTION.   IF I CAN HELP OUT WITH OTHER ANSWERS I WILL TRY

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Congrats on your upcoming weddings. I will be getting married there this Oct. 

I was thinking of having a private reception as well. Can you provide feedback on the Steakhouse

and/or English Patio areas for the reception? I was thinking of doing the beach reception but I feel at night

it might be too cold or just too windy for my guests. Don't want them to be uncomfortable.

I've never been to the resort so i'm relying on this forum to help me with my decision.

Thanks,

~B

• 3 weeks later...