#971 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

@Sabes44 @hapykat

I sent Jessica an email yesterday to ask about the price for the lights for Las Olas and she told me $220!!!!! I wrote back saying some other brides were quoted $100 and she said that some prices went up, which is why it's higher now.

Would you mind sending me your email (jhowe114(at)gmail.com) with the quote for $100? Did you get that quote after the new year?

UGH! WTF!

@Wrathwitch - I'm glad it's straightened out! That would make my heart drop to my stomach. I haven't really been stressed about anything but now that we're about three months out, I worry about little things here and there. We're getting down to the end of planning, though. We have some more things to get ordered (maracas, papel picado, paper fans, tote bags for OOT bags) and a couple of things left to pick out with Jessica (flowers, cocktail hour menu, cake)! Time has been flying!

Edited by JenniferH114, 22 January 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#972 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2015
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

@JenniferH114
Sabes44 has a better quote than I do. It seems like prices fluctuate for no reason? I'm getting the impression they're trying to take advantage of us in anyway they can. Glad this forum exists. I'm curious to know her response... Keep me posted!

#973 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

@hapykat - I agree. I'm not going to let it get to me, but considering we will be paying over $5k for the wedding alone, you'd think they could just toss in the lights for free! <_<

Edited by JenniferH114, 22 January 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#974 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2015
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

@JenniferH114
I hear y'a!

#975 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

Anyone have recommendations for cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres? We have the gold package, so I have a few things I'm eyeing but just wanted to ask in case anyone has feedback.

#976 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

That's crazy about the lights!  I agree, I think they kind of just make up new stuff as they go along.  @JenniferH114 Did you ever get a quote before?  The first quote I got last year was $60 and then this year after I said I wanted it, she said it was $100 and that the prices went up. 

Honestly I think the $60 price was wrong, because even when she told me that number everyone else had been given a higher quote.

We picked out most of the menu a couple of months ago, but I can't remember what we picked and need to confirm with Jessica still.  I have seen a few girls comment on their selections on the review page.  I always like to have a variety of choices, meat, seafood, cheese, hot/cold, vegetarian etc.

#977 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

@Sabes44 - I did not ask for a lights quote before. I did email Jessica back asking for a list of where we are with costs on everything we have confirmed so far.

We chose our menus for our welcome dinner and reception about two months ago. I just didn't worry about the cocktail hour yet. I'm sure most anything will be good. I agree with you on choosing a variety of items. We already had both menus printed after Jessica confirmed that what we decided on is fine. I get so nervous that something might change last minute, but it is what it is. Hopefully that won't happen though!

#978 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

Here's what some of our "paper" goods look like. I just thought I'd share. ;)

The wedding is a beach theme with turquoise and a pink as the colors. The welcome party is a colorful fiesta theme. We are also ordering custom maracas, fans and papel picado from Maracas Mexico. They will be delivered straight to the resort since they are located in Mexico, too.

http://www.maracasmexico.com/

Thank you cards for OOT bags...

Thank you cards for OOT bags

Reception menu...
Reception Menu

Coasters for reception table...
Coasters for Reception

Welcome party menu...
Welcome Party Menu

Tissue paper flowers for Welcome Fiesta...
tissue flowers

Edited by JenniferH114, 22 January 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#979 Giocivs88

Giocivs88
  • 67 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:excellence riviera cancun
  • LocationRiviera maya Mexico

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

@sabes 44 i didn't know we had to pay for lights too...i feel like we have to pay for the air we breath... wow lol 

are any of you girls doing flowers for the gazebo on the beach? jessica sent me a list of all the prices and the flowers start at 400 dollars or so..thats crazy, plus flowers centerpieces are crazy expensive too, please tell me that at least open bar is included in the price package for the dinner  :o

@upstatekj, i have big bridal party, the guys are going to match the girls ...see attachment 

@upstatekj  attachment didn't work lol lets try again

Attached File  b77ed2ae75af8d7974b588137f66714a.jpg   80.27KB   5 downloads

Attached File  c3107bb24e8f816c20e67e89411c3ce2.jpg   96.11KB   5 downloads

i would probably change the color of the tie to match the girls dresses 

#980 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

@Giocivs88 the extra lights are for Los Olas if you are having your reception there.  I don't think they have much lighting otherwise and Jessica sent me a picture without the lights and they are definitely needed.  You can definitely do a lot of extras and upgrades that get expensive.  Most of the flowers I really like are $200+ upgrades.  Instead I just decided to go with what they have and modify them to get it to be more of what I wanted. 

@JenniferH114 Did you design the menus and thank you notes or did you use a template?  I am trying to find a good template.

Edited by Sabes44, 25 January 2015 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users