1744 replies to this topic

#721 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

@Sabes44 I'm sorry! Of course you wouldn't. I meant to mention @upstatekj about that song. That wouldn't work for you.

I love the photo booth idea too! If I decide to pull it off I'll send pics of how it worked.

#722 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

ha ha no worries, I do really like that song though!!  The songs are the one thing that we have not been able to easily decide on.  We have plenty of time so I am not worried and maybe I can break him down with the song I want :)

#723 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Has anyone thought about using (or already used) the guitar player for their ceremony? I was thinking the whole playlist/ipod/timing situation with music during the ceremony would make me nervous, so hiring the guitar player might be a nice alternative. Plus, I was thinking s/he could play quietly in the background during the entire ceremony, as opposed to just walking in and out. Any thoughts?...

#724 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

Oh that is a nice idea! We have added so many extras already I don't know if I can add anything else. That would be so pretty though.

#725 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

I agree, it would be really pretty.  I love live music, but for me not sure the costs are worth it.  But if you have it in your budget, I say do it!

#726 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

The price is definitely a little steep for a 45min set. I have plenty of time to think about it, but I do like the idea.

In other news, we signed our contract with Juan Navarro (photographer) today! I'm really happy about that. :)

#727 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Congrats on that!!  How is his pricing?  Unfortunately my photographer (also a guest) is pregnant and will have a 5 month old and won't be able to make the trip now.  But she will still photograph our legal ceremony here with just my FI and I!

#728 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I think his pricing is really reasonable, relatively speaking. I checked out a bunch of photogs and some started at $4k+. We are paying about $2100 for six hours of coverage with Juan and his assistant and then we will get a disc with all the edited photos (and copyrights so we can print them ourselves). We'll also be adding an album, which is $200 or $300, depending on which size you want, but that's optional. You do not get any prints (not counting adding an album).

One of the things I did when looking at resort options was search for professional photos of other weddings at the resort to see how I liked everything. I first came across his photos then and then revisited when we were more seriously shopping for a photographer. He's also gotten lots of great reviews.

Edited by JenniferH114, 17 July 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#729 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

That is really good pricing!  I am still trying to figure that part out.  Since we have our legal "wedding" being professionally photographed and a professional photographer as a guest at the wedding.  I reduce the amount spent on the professional wedding photography.

#730 upstatekj

upstatekj
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

@HNeal - I know you are using Lucidum Photography - how much is your package?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users