1745 replies to this topic

#711 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

Does Excellence offer beach wheelchairs?  I used to do weddings for a hotel on the beach and the city offered beach wheelchairs (they have super large wheels to avoid sinking) and it made it a million times easier for the guest and families.  Otherwise regular wheelchairs on the beach don't work well, I have a few clients whose family would carry the guest across the sand. 

#712 hapykat

hapykat
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:39 AM

@Sabes44 Thanks for the info, however I don't believe they have such a wheel chair. In fact, I emailed Gloria about this awhile back and she said the resort only has one wheelchair available so we would have to provide our own.

#713 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

You are welcome @hapykat, good luck with that!

#714 upstatekj

upstatekj
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

Hi ladies! Wondering what songs you all have chosen for your ceremonies?

@HNeal - coming up soon, how exciting!!

#715 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

We haven't decided yet!  A few weeks ago we went through songs for a few hours and still didn't make any decisions.  I want to walk down to "god bless the broken road" but my FI is anti country.  I just love the words of the song and very fitting for us.  We want to walk back up together to something fun and up beat....still looking!  What about you @upstatekj?

#716 upstatekj

upstatekj
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

@Sabes44 although not very beachy, I love pachelbel's canon in d so i'll walk down the isle to that. still undecided about prelude/processional songs though! i think we'll have michael franti's life is better with you as our recessonional.

also curious if anyone has ever done a photo booth at their wedding here??

#717 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

I love that one too @upstatekj, unfortunately my FI ex-wife walked down to that song, so that's off the list!  I really like life is better with you, but we wanted something with a faster beat.

Not sure if anyone has done a photo booth, they are fun though!

#718 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

@Sabes44 and @upstatekj 

I am walking in to cannon in d.  @Sabes44 have you heard the steel drums version?  That is what I am walking in to!  It sounds more beachy.  I think we are going to walk out with Amos Lee "Sweat Pea".

I was contemplating a photo booth kind of thing as my guest book.  I haven't figured out all of the details yet but I was thinking of bringing a Polaroid camera and a blank guest book.  I would have a couple of fun small props and have guests take photos and put them into the guest book with space to write a little message.  I don't know if that sounds too complicated though now that I am writing it out! lol 

#719 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

I have heard the steel drums version and love it!!  Just not going to walk up the aisle to the same thing my future hubbys ex wife did :(.  I love sweet pea too, except one of our friends had that song as their first dance (maybe I am being too sensitive).

The photo book sounds like a cute idea!

#720 upstatekj

upstatekj
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

@Sabes44 and @upstatekj 

I am walking in to cannon in d.  @Sabes44 have you heard the steel drums version?  That is what I am walking in to!  It sounds more beachy.  I think we are going to walk out with Amos Lee "Sweat Pea".

I was contemplating a photo booth kind of thing as my guest book.  I haven't figured out all of the details yet but I was thinking of bringing a Polaroid camera and a blank guest book.  I would have a couple of fun small props and have guests take photos and put them into the guest book with space to write a little message.  I don't know if that sounds too complicated though now that I am writing it out! lol 

that's exactly what i have in mind, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users