A couple more questions for you!
1. We are going to legally get married in Mexico too. Is it $200 per person or $200 per couple for bloodwork?
2. Do you have to get your marriage license translated into English? Do you know how much that costs? I'm sure it varies per state.
3. How many people did you have attend your wedding? Did you have a Meet and Greet?
4. How did you win an in-house photographer photoshoot? I would love to see more of those pictures if you don't mind sharing! The one you posted is adorable!
1. It's $200 per couple to get the bloodwork. Bring cash to give the Doctor. That makes it sound shady, but it's not.
2. We do have to get it translated into English (ahem, a task I still have not completed - oops), in order to get a new drivers license and I believe passport. We're in Canada, so the cost to us will be different, I imagine.
3. We had 30 guests at our wedding (which was such a perfect amount, btw). We had a 'Welcome dinner' the second night we were there. We ended up having it at the outdoor Carribbean night festival they had at the resort. It was wonderful, but keep in mind we didn't do (or want to do) any speeches or to pick our own menu (it was a delicious buffet). Gloria reserved three tables for us, which was awesome.
4. They have music trivia every 2 or 3 days by the swim up pool. The prize is a short photo session with the resort photographers and you get five photos. I couldn't pick five photos, so we came to a price and I paid for all of them on a cd. I was so happy with this, especially because we never ended up doing engagement pictures.
More pictures? Sure! Twist my rubber arm, why don't you? I'll be that annoying bride on here
Thank you so much for this review! You looked amazing and seemed to have exactly what you were hoping for! I am getting married in August and think I may change my reception option after reading your review. We were planning to have it in the foyer but if you were hot in November I cannot imagine how hot it will be in the Foyer in August. We might have to opt for Barcelona which scares me a bit since I have only seen it as the buffet.
If I were getting married in August, I'd choose the air conditioning. I think people would feel super uncomfortable and grumpy if it was much hotter than what we dealt with. People were taking more breaks from dancing then they wanted because they were just soaked in sweat. Barcelona can look really great. When we were there, they had Chez Isabelle in there because the normal restaurant was being renovated. They made it look really great. I'm sure your guests will thank you for considering their comfort over asthetics in the end.
Another option would be the Lobster House. It's by the beach, super breezy and really pretty, but I think it's only available Friday nights. Not sure on that. It's open to everything though, so people walking by around the resort would see everything. Not a big deal, but it might be to some people.