Hi Ladies!!! I'm back from Mexico and ready to share tips! You can ask me any questions too.
1. I know there has been talk on here about having your cocktail hour at Las Olas. Now that I've been there, I would highly recommend doing this. I didn't even know it was an option. I had my cocktail hour on the pier. Las Olas is directly in front of the pier on the beach. The waiters/bartenders are actually set up at Las Olas anyway, and they walk the drinks/food out to you on the pier. Las Olas has a covered area, and is less brutal wind wise. It's still beautiful though because it's right on the beach. A lot of guests ended up going over there and sitting during cocktail hour anyway.
2. Mexico is Hot!!! LOL I know we all already know that, but it was actually a lot hotter than I even imagined. There is a constant breeze on the beach, so it is great! I wasn't hot during the ceremony because we had it at the beach gazebo. My photographer took us for photos around the resort though, and it was so uncomfortably hot everywhere that wasn't on the beach.
3. We had our reception at the Lobster House. It was really beautiful, and not too hot since it is close to the ocean and has a constant breeze. If the Lobster House isn't available on your day, I would recommend asking about Oregano. It wasn't presented as an option, but you never know. It's also open air, close to the beach with a breeze.
4. Don't expect everything to go perfectly. There were a number of mistakes made. We just rolled with them, and didn't let them bother us. Example: The officiant started off with we are here for "Jessica and Jason"...well, my groom is Justin. And, one of the groomsmen is actually named Jason, lol. We all laughed, corrected him, and moved on. The reception table wasn't set up the way I had requested at all. It didn't ruin the night though. The DJ played the 1 and only song that I had on my do not play list, and during dinner he actually played "It wasn't me", lol. He had a lot of what I would consider break up songs played during dinner. It was weird, but again, we just laughed. Even with all of the mistakes, we had an amazing time - and it was really beautiful.
5. The video that the resort videographer took of the ceremony was surprising in a great way. Ours actually was edited, with cute music and everything. I was expecting raw footage. I love what we got!
6. The spa was really disorganized the day of my wedding. Despite that, my hair and makeup turned out soooo beautiful!!! While she was doing my hair, I wanted to cry because I thought it was awful. I looked like I had little bo peep curls. I was so worried it wouldn't turn out good at all. She kept explaining to me that the curls would fall as soon as my hair hit the humidity and wind. She was so right! It ended up amazingly gorgeous and lasted ALL night. I actually slept with it up that night, and it still looked great the next day!
7. Our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, one of the nicest resorts they've been to, an amazing vacation, etc. It really was overall an amazing experience!!!
I'm not the best at writing reviews. I know there are a lot of things I didn't think to write about right now. I'll answer any questions that anyone has though, and if I think of anything else, I'll add it later as it comes to me.