Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

#261 TealMarie

TealMarie
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by rhiham 

My dress is lace.  It's strapless and light, but I'm more worried about my face being sweaty...a consultant at the bridal boutique where I bought my dress said some brides freeze those gel bra pads and wear them so that their bodies don't get too hot...I'll have to look into that.

"Las Olas" is like a little tiki hut covering over next to the wedding gazebo on the beach.  We're doing cocktail hour there instead of the pier because I heard the pier was windy, and I thought the cover could provide some nice shade should people want it.

Oh okay, I think of knew of that area but did not have a name for it. It sounds like it will be beautiful.

I can not stop laughing at the thought of putting frozen gel pads on me! It probably does work but I'm too much of a wimp for that, plus I doubt November will be too hot. What date is your wedding?

#262 Lyman

Lyman
    • 262 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I agree, TealMarie - it sounds pretty amusing, however whatever works in our tropical heat is a very Good Thing :)  You're right about Nov temps already cooling off and becoming very comfortable :)

Here's a website selling personal cooling gear ....which may be useful for those who are here in the more extreme heat of summer.....fyi :) 

hope your BIg Day is very cool n "chill-axin" in our gorgeous Mayan Riviera !!!  Cheers :)

#263 clee0605

clee0605
      • 26 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

rhiham, what if they melt!? i'd be worried about them making wet marks from melting as well! eeks! 

#264 JessicaC07

JessicaC07
        • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I have the same concern regarding sweating. I don't have issues with sweat for the most part, except for my face. I am worried about sweating my make up off and having bad hair. I found this product online that has a lot of good reviews for stopping sweating on the face. I haven't ordered it yet, but I plan to soon. I want to test it out and make sure it doesn't cause breakouts or anything. Wouldn't want to trade one negative just for another, lol. In the reviews people said they also use the towelettes under their breasts and it works to control sweat there too. I wouldn't want to put ice in my bra,I would think that as it melts it would show through the dress. http://www.dermadoct...towelettes.html

#265 TealMarie

TealMarie
          • 254 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hey Girls. I signed up for the webinair next Saturday (Mar 16th) for the ERC, but it's looking like I'll be travelling for work that day! I'm sad I might have to miss it. If anyone else is doing it and happens to take some notes on some of the questions we've all been having I would super super appreciate it if you could forward them to me later on. Thanks!

#266 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Just a reminder, if you have not signed up the for Excellence Resorts & The Beloved Wedding Webinar scheduled for Saturday, March 16 @ 9:00am PST, there is still time to do so.

These webinars are a great way to get your questions answered by the resorts.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#267 ampanda52

ampanda52
            • 95 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Do any previous brides know where exactly Barcelona is located in the resort? I looked at the map online and it isn't listed. Just wondering where it's situated compared to the beach and pier. Thanks!

#268 clee0605

clee0605
              • 26 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

JessicaC, 

Have you tried the Dermadoctor towelettes yet? Let us know! 

#269 MeganH84

MeganH84
                • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

hello, i have been to the resort before and I am having my wedding there in May.  Barcelona is located right near the beach and the pier.  I am having my reception there.  Hope this helps!

-Megan

#270 ampanda52

ampanda52
                  • 95 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Thanks so much!  It really helps alot!  I was just trying to get a general idea.  Congrats to you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users