Photo

Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

• Please log in to reply
1745 replies to this topic

#171 TrishaJ34

TrishaJ34
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Welcome Ampanda! My wedding is just a couple weeks before yours. Did you get the pricing sheet from the resort for their optional add on packages? It looks like they have a few decent pictures on their site. They also have some cheesy ones, but if you tell them what you like and don't like, I wonder if they could accommodate that? I'm using a photography studio from the states. 

#172 ampanda52

ampanda52
    • 95 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hey Trisha!  I got alot of info from Gloria at the resort but didn't get a list of addon prices.  I told her we wanted the DJ and she let me know DJ Mannia was $1500, which is a little pricy but I'm willing to pay for a good DJ (from what I've heard!) 

I saw the photos online in their wedding section.  You're right, some are cheezy but I do have someone with a photography background coming along and taking pics too so I think it will probably be ok.  I want mostly candid's with a few posed. 

Congrats to you!  Such an exciting time in our lives!!  If I can help in any way, please contact me!

Mandy

#173 Stella Maris

Stella Maris
      • Validating
      • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hello!

This question is for all the ERC Brides that already had their wedding at the resort.  I'm picking out my menu and would like to know what did you guys end up choosing and if it was delicious or commendable. 

I also heard about the DJ not having a good playlist. Did any of you guys had any problem?  Did you use your own playlist or did you end up using only the sound system instead?

Your input is greatly appreciate!

Thank you!

-Stella

#174 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hola all, and Congrats! on your destination weddings coming up at the ERC......it's such a great place, as shown here in some wedding "moments that matter" we took there . You can see more at the album link here.......

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#175 ampanda52

ampanda52
          • 95 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hey Stella!

I contacted DJ Mannia after Gloria booked him for me and he gave me a sheet to fill out with questions about what songs we wanted and the average age of everyone there.  From what I've read they will take requests all night and you can provide them with any music you want played and a style you would NOT want played.  According to them, they have an MC and DJ, lights, balloons for the event.

#176 JessicaC07

JessicaC07
            • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Has anyone booked a live musician or band for the reception?  I'm thinking I would like to do that, but have no idea how to go about it.  

#177 Stella Maris

Stella Maris
              • Validating
              • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ampanda52 

Hey Stella!

I contacted DJ Mannia after Gloria booked him for me and he gave me a sheet to fill out with questions about what songs we wanted and the average age of everyone there.  From what I've read they will take requests all night and you can provide them with any music you want played and a style you would NOT want played.  According to them, they have an MC and DJ, lights, balloons for the event.

HI ampanda52,

Thanks! I will certainly do that. I'm so worried he will play crappy music and I really do not want to micro manage since DJs should know what songs to play. 

I am still curious about the menu for the reception dinner.  Any ERC brides that were already married there advise us on what is good that you have picked from your dinner?  Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#178 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
                • 156 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi girls! I have really been MIA lately (sorry!), I will try to read back through all the new responses and reply to any questions for future ERC brides! I just wanted to jump on here real quick to let you all know that there is a Vistaprint Groupon out today! Such a good deal, I bought 4 of these when we were planning (at different times) and ended up getting a ton of stuff for OOT bags, dinner menus, and our invites INCREDIBLY CHEAP! Hope this helps you ladies :)

http://www.groupon.c...2&c=deal_button

#179 rhiham

rhiham
                  • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm a newbie to the forum...getting married at ERC on 6/15/2013...just introducing myself here and reading up on what everyone has to say!  This stuff is so helpful!

- Rhiannon

#180 rhiham

rhiham
                    • 34 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hi again everyone!  Okay reading through these threads has been IMMENSELY helpful but I do have a couple more questions...

what are the options for cocktail hour location?  Is it just the pier and the foyer?  I would want it on the beach, maybe next to the beach gazebo where we have the ceremony?  Anyone know if this is possible?

Also, anyone know what restaurant is closed on Saturdays?  Is the reception held at the restaurant after dinner?  Do they set up a dance floor?  I'm trying to decide if I want to do the dinner/reception at a restaurant or in the foyer...anyone used the foyer?  Is it private?  

Gahhhhhh I'm so excited!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users