Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

• Please log in to reply
1782 replies to this topic

#1781 Tinti123

Tinti123
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hello, newy here!

One question, does anybody knows how hot it gets around June? I booked Las Olas for cocktail and reception and not sure if should change it to Oregano. I believe they don't have a lot of options for small receptions with air conditioner.

Any review you might have on any  of this places would be greatly appreciated!  :wub: 

Thank you! 

#1782 HNeal

HNeal
    • 75 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
    • LocationNew York

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

@Tinti123
    It can get pretty warm. I think that Las Olas is actually your best option for a small group. How many are in your group? We had 30 and had cocktails at Las Olas and the reception in the Lobster House (they only allow that on Fridays). Las Olas is so pretty b/c it's right on the beach and the breeze is beautiful! I would suggest bringing string lights for them to hang for you.

#1783 roamfree

roamfree
    • 9 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 28, 2017
    • LocationJamestown, RI

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

We were married at the end of June and it was HOT. A "feels like" temp over 90 each day. We had our ceremony at the beach gazebo, cocktail at Las Olas and reception at Oregano with 40 guests.
    Of the 3, Oregano was the warmest because it is partially enclosed and the beach breeze is somewhat blocked. They also put up a fake wall next to the DJ booth which further blocks the breeze. We had them take down the wall midway through the reception because it was so hot and that helped a lot. If you do choose Oregano I would suggest telling your coordinator to exclude the fake wall... it's really not necessary because the location is already private enough.
    We were really happy with Oregano for the reception, the size was perfect and the room itself is nicely decorated... but it was very warm. I think Las Olas would be a good spot as well, especially for 30 people. We had the cocktail hour there and there was a nice breeze. Plus it's very cute and you really get the "on the beach" experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users