• Please log in to reply
1745 replies to this topic

#1731 roamfree

roamfree
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2017
  • LocationJamestown, RI

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

Does anyone have pics of a reception at Oregano they'd be willing to share with me?

We are expecting between 45-55 guests and will be having a DJ/Dance floor. Planning on ceremony at the beach gazebo, cocktail at Las Olas and thinking about Oregano for ceremony (Lobster house, our first choice, is not available as an option for us).

Any thoughts, tips, etc about this plan would be greatly appreciated (especially pics!)

Thank you!

#1732 kjb0528

kjb0528
  • 51 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 14, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationDenver, Co

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:05 AM

@roamfree when is your wedding? Mine is in January and I'm having my reception at oreganos also with approx 40-50 people. I'll have Picts for you after that but I've also been looking for Picts of the setup and can't find any!

#1733 roamfree

roamfree
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 28, 2017
  • LocationJamestown, RI

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:20 AM

@kjb0528 My wedding is in June, 2017. I will be waiting to see those pics!!! :) 

It looks like it will be a great spot for the reception based on the limited photos (non-wedding) I could find online, plus I like the location right next to the beach.  But I am wondering about capacity, table arrangement and privacy.

What decisions have you made about the venue so far? Will you be getting lights, etc for Oregano? I assume additional lighting would not be needed if it's already a restaurant...

Where are you doing your ceremony & cocktail hour?

#1734 kjb0528

kjb0528
  • 51 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 14, 2017
  • LocationDenver, Co

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:07 PM

I'm wondering all those things too! I've gotten a little frustrated with the the resort taking so long to respond to emails so I've kind of given up contacting them about layout or space (or anything else). I am nervous about space for dinner + dance floor + dj. I'm going to bring my own string lights down at the very least for ambience. Ceremony is at the beach gazebo and cocktail is at las olas. I'll try to take good notes for you on the space come January!

#1735 malloryelizabeth

malloryelizabeth
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

Hi All!

I am new to the forum and currently planning my wedding at the ERC in August 2017.  I was wondering if anyone had any additional photos they were able to share (have looked back in the thread to see what has been posted recently) taken by the resort photographer? I am debating about using them or an outside vendor, but the $500 fee for another vendor seems expensive. Some of the photos I have seen by the resort photographer look amazing, and some I really don't like. Any more photos or experiences to share? Thanks! :)

#1736 kathryn78

kathryn78
    • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

@malloryelizabeth I used the resort photographer and upgraded to the 6 hour package with 2 photographers and a videographer. I was happy with them! If you want you can request me on Facebook- I posted an album with a lot of their photos.

#1737 mam9p8

mam9p8
      • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Ladies (and rare Gentlemen) who used maracas as favors- where did you get them from?  I've tried a couple sources that I found on the board but they no longer do them.  Also, how long of a lead time do they need to get to the resort?

Thanks for your help!  107 days!!!

#1738 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
        • 264 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Maracas Mexico!!! They were incredible... so responsive and our order showed up on time and in perfect shape. We ordered maracas and custom papel picado.

#1739 mam9p8

mam9p8
        • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Maracas Mexico!!! They were incredible... so responsive and our order showed up on time and in perfect shape. We ordered maracas and custom papel picado.

Loving their site and that they do cool pinatas!  I can't find their prices.. do you have an estimate?  

#1740 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
          • 264 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
          • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

I can't remember exactly - because it was May 2015... sad face!!! - but I think it was about $600 for 35 maracas and the papel picado.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users