• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

#1671 kathryn78

kathryn78
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

@lynne1609
    Thank you! :)
    Those pictures are just ones that family members took.
    We had the in house photographer- The gold package only included 20 mins so we upgraded to the 6 hour photo package with 2 photographers and a videographer. They said about 2 weeks for the pics and 6 weeks for the video.

#1672 Tighev

Tighev
    • 25 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 26, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hey ladies,

Can anyone suggest a cake flavor?  We're leaning towards the tres leches...but haven't actually tried it at Excellence.

Thanks!

-Victoria

-Victoria

#1673 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

@Tighev - We did vanilla cake with lemon filling and coconut frosting. If something you want isn't on the menu, just ask!! They were so accommodating!

Also, we mixed and matched from all of the menus offered for our meals (welcome dinner and reception). The welcome dinner menu actually had steak and lobster, which is what we ended up doing for our wedding meal.

Edited by JenniferH114, 12 June 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#1674 Tighev

Tighev
    • 25 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

@JenniferH114    Wow that cake sounds awesome.    Did you and your guests enjoy it?

-Victoria

#1675 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

@Tighev - Yes, it was delicious, but we were having so much fun dancing by then that most slices went uneaten. :)

Edited by JenniferH114, 12 June 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#1676 Tighev

Tighev
    • 25 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

@kathryn78    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you tip and who did you tip?    :unsure:   I'm unsure about the tipping so your advice would help!  

-Victoria

#1677 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
    • 264 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:12 AM

@Tighev - I think we gave the coordinator $50. We tipped the staff $100... maybe $200 (sorry, can't remember), and we know for sure our guests were tipping, too. We did not tip the photographer or DJ because we felt that those are professional positions and you specifically pay for those services, if that makes sense. When we asked around at the time, others agreed.

#1678 kathryn78

kathryn78
    • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:43 AM

@Tighev - For the welcome party we tipped $100 for the servers.  For the wedding, we tipped the servers $200- there were a lot of them and they were so great! $80 to the DJ, $60 to the wedding coordinator. and I guess my Dad threw in another $40 since everything was so great- we just dont know who he gave it too haha but im thinking probably the wedding coordinator.

You can do different flavors for different layers of the cake.  We did one layer of tres leches, one layer of vanilla with strawberry filling, and one layer of chocolate with chocolate filling. Sad thing is I dont know if any one had any! No one that I've talked to after had any.  I had the one bite of the vanilla during the cake cutting which I think was yummy. They did cut it up and everything, but everyone was up dancing so not much of it went. They did not bring the extra up to my room after, which I read on here they sometimes do. If that is something you would like done, I suggest talking to your wedding coordinator about it before.  I do regret not having any- would have liked to tave tried the tres leches since I've never had it.

Edited by kathryn78, 13 June 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#1679 Tighev

Tighev
      • 25 posts
      • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

@JenniferH114

@kathryn78       Thank you guys for all the helpful information!    I'm going to make sure that cake gets eaten!!!!  haha

-Victoria

#1680 Tighev

Tighev
      • 25 posts
      • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Yet another question!

We're going to order menu cards for the reception.     Is it safe to order them before our wedding coordinator approves everything on our final decision sheet?   And how long does it take for her to approve everything once it's submitted?

I'm curious if anyone has had the experience that they chose an item for their meal, and then it was denied.

I want to order the menu cards now to ensure that we get them in time for the wedding, but I don't want to order them if there's a possibility that the wedding coordinator tells us something we picked is not available.

Thanks girls!

-Victoria

-Victoria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users