• Please log in to reply
1744 replies to this topic

#1551 victoriasalv

victoriasalv
  • 118 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

@JaimeCKL stunning dress! Can't wait to see YOU in it! Similar top to mine, I love the straps!

Don't stress ladies about the slow response, what the other girls mentioned is correct they will take a while but trust me when it;s your time. they will direct their focus. All you have to remember is it's your day and they do a fantastic job, otherwise we wouldn't all be here!

What type of quotes are you getting for your centerpieces i'm torn if i want to do flowers on all or some candles. I'm tryign to keep it simple.

#1552 JaimeCKL

JaimeCKL
  • 47 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 17, 2016
  • LocationSycamore, Illinois

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

@JenniferH114 Did you do any additional lighting or was that all included? I am so confused trying to figure it all out at this point!!

event.png

#1553 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Thanks! We were incredibly happy with the setup (and everything else, for that matter). Our colors were teal and fuchsia. We brought our own sashes for the ceremony and reception, too.

wedding2
wedding18
Cake

#1554 lynne1609

lynne1609
  • 56 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 4, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Resort, Riviera Maya, Cancun
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

Have your WC not emailed to you a document of your package?  I'm on the love package and they emailed me a brochure of things to select in my package from my wedding bouquet, grooms boutonniere , centre piece, cake, hor d'oeurves, meal etc and costing for additional add ons?

#1555 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

The lighting and lantern package was an additional $220. You definitely want it.

#1556 JaimeCKL

JaimeCKL
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

I have received my documents already, but there was no mention of the cost of add ons in that packet. I guess I should request that.

Thamara told me we would be fine without the lighting package as long as we had candles, but now I am anxious.

event.png

#1557 JenniferH114

JenniferH114
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

In my opinion, if you are going to be in Las Olas for your reception, you will want the lighting/lantern package. It just adds to the overall ambience. It's not about having actual lighting.

Also, be aware that it can get very windy and your candles are not going to stay lit. At the beginning of the night, we had this issue with the floating candles in the vases for our centerpieces, but it didn't really affect anything. I just wouldn't rely on candles for actual lighting.

#1558 victoriasalv

victoriasalv
  • 118 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 29, 2016

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

@lynne1609 I have a sheet of everything included but things not included like centerpieces. I have no idea what's worth getting for thoose.

#1559 HollyB322

HollyB322
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

Las Olas looks beautifully set up! I'm worried about the wind/heat due to some older folks attending. The reception will probably be around 5pm. We are thinking that we will have 30 people. Is the wind/heat going to be a deterrent for guests?

#1560 JaimeCKL

JaimeCKL
    • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

@HollyB322 Our wedding is at sunset, followed by the cocktail hour on the pier, so I am assuming it will be 7 by the time our reception begins, so  I hadn't considered the heat and wind. Good to think about though.

event.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users