Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

Hi girls!

I too was worried because Maribel was usually so good about replying back to e-mails but then I stopped getting a response a week or 2 ago.  I called last Friday because I wanted to confirm my meeting during my site visit this past weekend. I talked to Alejandra who said no worries and there's just so many emails to go through and that she would be the one meeting with me.  I stayed at Excellence with my mom and sister this past Saturday-Tuesday.  I've been before with my fiancé, but my mom wanted to see the resort and I also thought it would be helpful to meet with wedding coordinator.  The resort was beautiful and I saw a wedding ceremony at 5pm on Saturday, that seemed to go very smoothly. I did a hair and makeup trial with Angel at the spa/salon who was so sweet and did an awesome job! I met with Alejandra- I guess Maribel was moved to a sister property. Alejandra was very nice and thorough.  We walked around the resort, and she showed us all the different locations and answered questions. She was very organized and knew a lot of what I wanted through all the previous emails. I also did a food tasting which was great. Theresa met us and Alejandra during this portion- she is the wedding director for all the Excellence properties. She also answered many questions and really put me at ease with everything.  They really know what they are doing and are pretty flexible. I also met with Ashley the photographer which was helpful. I'm so glad I went and did the site visit and feel confident that the wedding will be awesome!  Let me know if anyone has any questions!

@@victoriasalv - I'm not sure how to put pictures on here but if you give me your email I have a picture from the bridge to the wedding ceremony location that may be helpful for you.

@@victoriasalv - I know the feeling, and I'm not trying to say that anyone shouldn't feel that way. I was just trying to give a little bit broader perspective. :)

We got married on the beach. It is not that far. My father-in-law has difficulty walking; he uses a wheelchair almost all of the time. Two of our friends walked him down to his seat and back up. He would not have been able to make the walk on his own, but that's because his level of limited mobility would not be good for trying to walk on sand. He did just fine with help, so it was not a problem.

@@kathryn78 What a fantastic opportunity to be able to go and visit and go through things before your wedding.  My question would be what standard junior rooms are closest to the Pier for a wedding?  You may not have the answer only I don't want to have to trek all the way through the hotel and be very hot before arriving at the pier for my wedding so would like to request a building that's quite close.

@lynne1609  - yes it was great!  So your wedding is on the Pier and not on the beach ceremony correct? The beach ceremony location is on the end of the resort's beach which is past the Excellence Club section.  I think the Pier was about where the separation was from the "club section" and regular section. I'm assuming the "ocean view" rooms would be the closest. The resort is pretty small, so nothing is really far. I'd say the furthest rooms are probably the ones on far side of the spa/lazy river. I stayed in building 1 by the spa which is the quiet area, but still didn't feel like it was too out of the way. But like I said the layout of everything is not all that spread out, so you can get anywhere in probably like 3 minutes or so from the furthest point? I could be totally off, but this is my thoughts on it :)

@@kathryn78 yes we are getting married on the Pier and I've chosen Las Olas for our reception (there will only be 4 of us as I want it a very private ceremony).

Once Xmas is out of the way then it will fly by and I will start looking for my dress around February.

When do you get married? 

Thanks for the personal experience information.  I would have loved the opportunity to go there before we get married but it's so expensive from the UK.

@@lynne1609 - You're welcome! yes, I imagine it would be! That'll be perfect for your wedding! I love Las Olas, but it's too small for our reception. we are having the cocktail hour there though!

Getting married May 27! Have 47 people booked at the moment and may get up to 60-65. And for the locations I'm thinking Oregano for the Welcome Cocktail Hour 2 nights before the wedding, Beach wedding ceremony, Las Olas cocktail hour, and Lobster House for the reception.  The only thing I'm a little worried about is if we get more people than we're expecting because the Lobster House would be very tight and not much room to dance. I'm sure it'll all work out though :)

Congrats and happy planning!

@@kathryn78 wow that's alot of people attending, I would hate all the planning for that amount of people.  I just wanted a stress free wedding as both my and my Fiance have been married before so we want something more intimate for ourselves.

You'll be a married women before me so I can get more tips off you next year and hopefully see some of your pics.

Congrats to you too and best of luck with all that planning.  :P

@@kathryn78 my email is Victoria.salv@@gmail.com THANK YOU I really appreciate it! So excited you got to experience all of that in your trial. Makes me feel better that things went so smoothly. I'm trying not to worry. Also, thank you for letting me know about Maribel. I wish they would tell us when people left.. But I understand how busy they must be! So do you think Alejandra is the only one now? What food did you like?

@@JenniferH114 good to know, thank you! Okay now I'm not so worried. He will definitely have help. Do you think Los Olas is about the same distance from the sidewalk as well? I think that's where we'll be doing the cocktail hour. I was considering X Lounge but isn't that kind of tiny?

@@victoriasalv - Yes, in my opinion, X-Lounge is small. Las Olas is right near main sidewalks, so that won't be a problem to get to at all. It requires just a couple of steps in the sand.

We were very happy with our food choices - and I was even happier when it turned out that the lobster was an actual lobster tail! - but I was most pleasantly surprised by the avocado soup we had at our welcome dinner. It was seriously delicious!!! I kept hoping I'd see it again at one of the restaurants, but we never did.

Here are our menus:

Welcome Party Menu

Reception Menu

Edited by JenniferH114
  • Like 1