Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

Woohoo! I know @@kathryn78 I can't believe it! So excited for your May wedding. :)

I just got my dress last week so things are definitely  more "real" - Also, I don't know how many maracas you were thinking but I quoted with Mexico Maracas (or .. Maracas Mexico ha), for 50 of them and it was about 275 and that included shipping. I wasn't getting custom design though just custom words on one side and the multi colors.

So I have a random one from you ERC brides. Do you recall if the keys are key cards or actual keys? (Working on ideas for my welcome bag) and can't remember what I had the last time I was there!

• Like 1

@@kathryn78 - We ordered custom maracas, fans and papel picado from Maracas Mexico. I HIGHLY recommend them. Everything turned out to be even better than we expected. They are quick to respond and so great to work with.

@@victoriasalv - They are key cards.

@@kathryn78

I went to Maracas Mexico for my Maracas as well.  They custom designed and hand painted them to match my stationary.  They were gorgeous!  The best thing is that they are a company in Mexico so they ship them directly to the resort and no need to deal with the stress of customs!  They also created some beautiful papel picado for me.  Maracas Mexico has a Facebook page and a website.  They have detailed pics on their page.  My maracas cost $7 each.  That included them customizing the design.  Here is a pic of the papel picado...

Lobster House

Lobster House

Lobster House

Sorry...I just love showing off my pics!  The pink lanterns I got from Michaels.  The papel picado was reasonably priced and a great addition.  The resort charged me a $60 decoration fee to hang the lanterns and papel picado.  I think it was worth it.

The mason jars were from the resort.  They were actually a surprise.  My mother made the burlap and lace table runner and when I gave them to Jessica during our meeting I just asked that she use vases that would match.  They chose to use the mason jars and decorated them with the lace and twine.  It was a great touch!  Especially with the simplicity of the white flowers.

@@victoriasalv

Just an idea...If you are thinking of getting guests something that they can put their room key card in it is a good one!  Not sure if anyone else had this issue but we had to go to the front desk multiple times throughout the week to have our cards reactivated.  Believe me...this is the furthest from a complaint b/c that is literally the only thing that went wrong all week!  They did say that they think we kept getting locked out of our room b/c the card was being de-activated from either a cell phone or other credit cards. 

Edited by HNeal

@@HNeal Ok good to know!! I saw some ideas to do a little case for the keycard/dollar bills that was waterproof. So I was toying with that idea for the welcome bag. I'm sorry you had to keep getting your key fixed! Maybe that will help if my guests had them in something like that.

I reached out to Maracas Mexico after your suggestion they are great to deal with. I think I really want to get some of the papel picado. Did you find it worth it to get it customized? I'm not sure if I just want something simple or our names/something personal if it's up that high. Also, do you remember how long yours was? She said most brides get 40 meters?

I have already been looking for lantern like things from craft stores - I think the fee to set up seems reasonable especially if I can save money on shipping/customs.

Another question for you brides. What did you do the day OF the wedding? My wedding is at 5pm. Obviously i'll have a hair appointment at some point but did you spend time with your girlfriends/mom? Stay clear of the pool/beach? I don't want to waste the day of course but I was thinking of that since the resort isn't HUGE..

I did the same thing with my bouquet and centerpieces.  They both turned out better than I expected!  

I got our maracas at Amols, inexpensive and a great product, I loved them! 

My husband didn't end up utilizing the grooms room the night before the wedding we we ended up staying together that night.  We just got some breakfast the next morning and hung out on the beach with some friends for the morning and then separated.  I went back and took a shower before my hair and make up appointment and that's when my sister and a couple of girlfriends joined up.  I was only alone for about an hour but I started to get really anxious.  It ended up being a really nice day before the wedding and even though we spent the night together before, it didn't feel like it when we saw each for the first look.  

Edited by Sabes44

@victorisalv

That is such a cute idea with the key cards and I wished I had done it. Our group spent so much time at the pool it would have been nice to have something to put that kind of stuff in.

As far as the papel picado...I did think it was worth it to get it customized! The resort gives you all of the decorations back to you so I was able to cut off a few of the flags that I plan to frame. They are just so pretty. I went with their recommendation and purchased 40 meters of the papel picado which was plenty paired with paper lanterns.

My fiancé did utilize the Groom room. We had dinner and then separated. He went with his friends and I went back to the room and had a night cap with my sister and best friend. I was soooo anxious with excitement! I started my day at 9:30am and didn't have one moment alone. I think I would have lost my mind if I was alone! I met my sister and best friend at the spa where we had mani pedi appointments. Amazing!!!! After that we ordered lunch to my room. My hair and makeup appointment started at noon. I was having "getting ready pics" so I needed all the big stuff done by 3:30. My mother, aunt, and cousin joined us at that time. The day went sooo fast.

Just a tip...I'm sure I said this before...I called housekeeping the night before and requested that they clean my room while I was at the spa. Typically they don't come until 4ish. This way my room was picture perfect when my photographer arrived.

@@HNeal Do you have pictures of your papel picado up close? I love that you did white. It looks so pretty. I'm still so torn on what to do for décor/centerpieces but I know i'll think of something in time. Just something simple.

Great idea about the cleaning. I would have forgotten. Did you do your appointments with the spa ahead of time through the website? I filled out the form (for hair) about a week ago but didn't hear back. So I emailed Jessica today.

I know what you mean, I wouldn't want to be alone either! I don't want to feel rushed but I didn't want to be sitting around bored if I should have something planed or at least a destination. Manicures are a great idea. Did you do a 5PM wedding also?

@@Sabes44 Good to know you guys were together in the morning. I'm wondering if that'll be what we'll end up doing but I was like .. is this the norm? haha

I had a 6:30 wedding so mine was a bit later, not what I had originally wanted, but worked out perfectly.  We had planned to separate the night before but he kept making a fuss about it and I ended up caving.  We had legally married the week before and didn't do a lot of stuff the "traditional" way.  Honestly I could have gone either way.  But it was nice to spend some time together that morning and hang out, he was just being so sweet and needy (in a good way) it was hard to say no!

@victoriasalv-Thanks it was pretty sweet!  We didn't plan on it being that late, we had wanted it earlier but they ended up booking another one earlier so it was either 4pm or 6:30pm.  I decided against 4pm because we would have been in direct sun at that point and since the sun set at about 7:30pm it ended up being perfect for pictures and cocktail hour and not too hot! 

Edited by Sabes44